Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

pjoswald

Content periodically deleted in Pageline DMS

pjoswald

Website URL:  http://www.regenerationproject.org/wp
Framework Version: 2.1.3
WordPress Version: 3.9.1
Plugins in Use: 

Akismet

DMS Professional Tools

MailChimp for Wordpress Lite

Pagelines Updater

Wordpress Importer

WordPress SEO
Server/Host: GoDaddy

Details:

I'm developing a site for my company using DMS Pagelines 2.1.3 with the Flatten Child Theme installed. This is the first time I've developed with DMS Pagelines. Currently the site is being developed behind the scenes, and so it is not receiving real world traffic.

After populating the main pages (about us, leadership, events) with a variety of content such as sliders, mastheads and text boxes, the majority of that formatting and content disappears. Even my footer and Fixed region formatting (logo image, etc.) reverts back to the demo placeholder content. Any content that was created as Wordpress articles persists, but templates and changes to templates within DMS seem to be affected.  I've seen major reversions occur now three times, losing me hours of work each time.

Can you help me figure out why pages are reverting?

Many thanks!

Danny

Hi,

If you only have those plugins active, then the likely cause of the issue is your host and how the server is configured. There was recently another user who also was hosted by GoDaddy and used their One Click installation option and this was the likely cause of his/her issues. Have you also used the One Click Installation method ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

pjoswald

Hey there Danny!

We don't recall seeing any options for One Click Installation Method...But here's word from our webmaster that may be helpful about our Pagelines site...

On the root of the website, we have an error log with multiple entries every day. Here is one of the entries:

[14-Jul-2014 12:40:56 UTC] PHP Fatal error:  Call to undefined function get_transient() in /home/user/public_html/deleteme.wpfzpo.php on line 16

After doing some research, it appears that something is auto-updating within Pagelines. Whenever it updates, it resets the content.

FYI - We are running Wordpress in a subdirectory named wp (home/user/public_html/wp) and not in the root directory (home/user/public_html). 

Hopefully this helps us find the problem!

Simon
deleteme.wpfzpo.php is not part of wordpress or PageLines DMS. Sounds to me like your host might be infected with some kind of worm or virus.
What are the contents of this file?

pjoswald

We figured out that those files are generated by Installatron during the update process. We have fixed the issue with Installatron by turning off the automatic updates by Installatron. Hopefully, this will also resolve this issue as well. 

Any other recommendations for us?

Danny

What installation process, can you go into greater detail please.

pjoswald

Here is word from our web master:

I think you might be confused. Installatron is a one-click web application used by GoDaddy to install software like Wordpress. Without remembering, we used this software to install Wordpress. After investigation, we discovered that Installatron has the ability to automatically update Wordpress on the server. When Installatron updates Wordpress, it creates a temporary PHP file that starts with “deleteme” followed by a unique id. This file is deleted once used. Our guess is that when Installatron updated, it encountered an error because we had moved Wordpress into another folder directory. Because of the error, Installatron was causing data to be reset. We turned off the auto updating mechanism within Installatron. Since then, we haven’t seen the issue any further.

Simon

So in a nutshell the issue is that Installatron (whatever that is) cannot deal with WP being in a folder.

pjoswald

From our webmaster:

Installatron keeps a record of where Wordpress is installed. When we moved the Wordpress files to another folder, Installatron did not know and still thought that the Wordpress files existed in the same place. So, we had to provide Installatron with the correct location for the Wordpress files. So, in a nutshell, to correct the issue: (1) make sure you don’t move Wordpress files once installed by Installatron, or if you do, update Installatron to reflect the new location; and (2) turn off auto updates within Installatron.  

Danny

So is this issue now resolved ?

pjoswald

Yes, I believe that the issue is resolved. Many thanks!

Danny

Happy to hear the issue has been resolved and thanks for informing us, we appreciate it.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?