Sign in to follow this  
markshenk

Customize Feature Page

markshenk

Hi. I am trying to customize the Feature Page in EcoPro. I want the carousel to show and then only a full width sidebar. I do not want to show the default sidebar, and the feature boxes.

catrina

To remove the default sidebar, go to Theme Options > Sidebar Options and under Remove Default Sidebars When Empty, check the box next to Hide Sidebars When Empty (no widgets). To add a full-width sidebar (which will be added to the bottom), go to Widgets under and drag your desired widgets into the Footer Left, Footer Middle, and Footer Right sections on the right. To hide the feature boxes, go to Theme Options > Pages And Posts and under Features On Blog/Posts Page, uncheck the box next to Show feature template on posts page?.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

markshenk

Ok, most of that worked. The feature boxes are gone, I had already unchecked the Show feature template on posts page. However I have a lot of white space between the main carousel and the footer. Here is a link - http://fastatforty.com/home/ I hoping to include the most popular posts right underneath the carousel. Thanks for your help

catrina

Hello, The blank white space is where the main content (blog posts) would usually go. If you aren't planning on having any content in that space, there is a way to just hide it by pasting this code into the CSS Rules box (Theme Options > Custom Code):

#maincontent, div.contentcontainer {display: none;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

markshenk

Thanks Catrina, I modified it a bit to only include the single 'home' page w/o posts. It looks like this:

body.page-id-841 div.contentcontainer {display: none;}