Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

motionltd

Updated and now many things broken

motionltd    12
motionltd

I have just updated a website of mine and all hell broke loose! I have fixed most issues but I still can't:

1. Change the colour of an icallout to the link colour.

2. I can't remove the top left Eaves image on this page.

http://curiousartsfestival.com/music/

3. On some pages the rev slider I slides I had in the site months ago have reappeared. I want to hide the rev slider on all posts, I have many, do I really have to get the ID for each one? Most people only have the rev slider on their home page, would it not make sense to have a 'show' function as well as a hide? That way you can just show the 1 home page and it would automatically be hidden on the rest. 

Anyway, what is the solution for this now?

Any ideas?

The site is http://curiousartsfestival.com

Cheers

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

motionltd    12
motionltd

Can anybody help with this? Too many errors have crept in to list. / being put before ' in text. Old images I removed months ago reappearing! This is so unstable its making me very nervous! Please help!

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

motionltd    12
motionltd

Is there some way to flush out old settings? Rest a cache? I have already done this in resets. Is there another way?

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

motionltd    12
motionltd

Please help!!! I am losing so much time trying to mend Pagelines problems. Any more issues like this I will have to move to a more stable and reliable platform. This is madness!

Ben

motionltd.com

motionltd    12
motionltd

Is there any support for this product anymore?

Ben

motionltd.com

motionltd    12
motionltd

Is anybody there?

Ben

motionltd.com

Simon    247
Simon

Yes, we are here, sorry we missed your post.

1. You can add classes to sections, or use CSS to change the sections appearance, without knowing where this section is I cant comment further.

2. Im not sure what an Eaves Image is, or where it is to remove it. Again need some clarification there.

3. the revslider is on every page because you added it to the page header area, every page post will have a header therefore it appears in it. I'd move the revslider into the content area on the page where you want it to appear.

motionltd    12
motionltd

Thanks for responding. I have since lost all styling and settings. I was poking around and selected Customise and the whole site dropped everything. My host don't keep DB backups. I need to rebuild the whole site!! Is there anything I can do to recover some settings?

Also, settings are still not sticking. Selecting menus or colours needs to be done 3 or 4 times. Please help! I'm drowning here with a very unhappy client.

Ben

Yes, we are here, sorry we missed your post.

1. You can add classes to sections, or use CSS to change the sections appearance, without knowing where this section is I cant comment further.

2. Im not sure what an Eaves Image is, or where it is to remove it. Again need some clarification there.

3. the revslider is on every page because you added it to the page header area, every page post will have a header therefore it appears in it. I'd move the revslider into the content area on the page where you want it to appear.

Ben

motionltd.com

Simon    247
Simon
The customise button should just redirect you to the front page. I wish there was a way to disable it but WordPress in their infinite wisdom wont allow plugins or themes to turn the thing off.

I looked at your site again, it looks exactly the same as it did 30 mins ago for me.

My host don't keep DB backups.

No backups? thats insane?

motionltd    12
motionltd

What can I do about always losing settings? It take 3 or 4 goes to get anything to stick.

Ben

motionltd.com

Danny    1,327
Danny

If it is taking your three or four tries before your settings/styles are saving, then the likely cause is either a cache plugin or your host configuration.

When it comes to host, cheap is always bad, thats why we recommend FlyWheel to all users.

Please search our forums, before posting!

motionltd    12
motionltd
Hi Danny, any idea what the server configuration issues could be? Is there a known list? I have a VPS, so I can get it configured how I like.

Cheers

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

motionltd    12
motionltd
Also, do you mean the cache from a plugin? How can I really flush all old data? I've had a few instances where an image I used in the revslider months ago reappeared. It's still in the media list but not used.

Ben

motionltd.com

Danny    1,327
Danny

I am by no means a server configuration expert, so I can't really inform you of a setup that will work flawlessly. However, the fact that you have a VPS and your site is taking 3-4 attempts to save changes means there is certainly something not right, as a VPS should be rapid and save things first time, which is how DMS is supposed to work.

Therefore, it could be cache set on your server or any number of things. I think the best course of action would be provide your debug information, tell us who is your VPS host and provide your PHP info.

Also, disable your cache plugin, as it really shouldn't be needed on a VPS and see if this resolves most of your issues.

motionltd    12
motionltd

I am by no means a server configuration expert, so I can't really inform you of a setup that will work flawlessly. However, the fact that you have a VPS and your site is taking 3-4 attempts to save changes means there is certainly something not right, as a VPS should be rapid and save things first time, which is how DMS is supposed to work.

Therefore, it could be cache set on your server or any number of things. I think the best course of action would be provide your debug information, tell us who is your VPS host and provide your PHP info.

Also, disable your cache plugin, as it really shouldn't be needed on a VPS and see if this resolves most of your issues.

Hi Danny

I don't have a cache plugin installed. Whats the next step? The site is crippled, I just can;'t do anything.

Ben

Ben

motionltd.com

Danny    1,327
Danny

I wasn't referring to cache plugin, it could well be cache configured on your server. I think the best course of action would be for you to contact your VPS provider and ask them for assistance.

motionltd    12
motionltd

Ok thanks Danny.

Ben

motionltd.com

Danny    1,327
Danny

No problem and keep us posted.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?