Sign in to follow this  
bobnotrob

Using Firebug and FireFile versus using Custom CSS box

bobnotrob

I've been altering the CSS using Firebug and Firefile, thus changing the code directly in the theme.css, pro.css, etc. files. Now I am wondering if I should really instead be adding custom CSS in the Custom CSS box of the Platform Settings. What do you think? I read a post that mentioned CSS written into the Custom CSS box gets placed "dead last" in the header so other CSS files don't override the custom code. Is this the reason to not alter the individual css files themselves? Do I have to undo everything by reinstalling? Yikes! I think Andrew Powers created a tutorial or something on using Firebug with Platform or something like that. It was a link in a post that I forgot to follow and now I can't find it! Obviously, I need a lot of help.

Andrew

Platform is designed to be customized via the child theme. For any quick tutorials we've done for the forum; just search for 'quicktip' Of course, you'll see a dramatic improvement in the docs this week:D

bobnotrob

Thanks, Andrew. I realized a bit too late that I should have read the customization docs first. I got caught up in the "Wow!" of it all and just started changing things. I started from scratch again. No big whup.