Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dreamsight

Footer displaying halfway up on pages

dreamsight

This issue seems quite odd and i legitimately can't figure out why, the footer will display above where it should, overlapping content and on a few pages it's even half way up the page.

the weird thing is when you right click Inspect Element, it returns to normal until you refresh the page!

has anybody encountered this and is there a solution out there?

IMG_07072014_153054.png

Danny

Hi,

This issue is most definitely caused by the code you have used. As this is third party code, we are unable to provide assistance. However, I am almost certain, if you remove that code, your footer will act as intended.

Please search our forums, before posting!

dreamsight

hi Danny, thanks for getting back to us. By 3rd party code I assume you mean the styles we have added to Custom LESS/CSS. Is it more likely to be styles added to Pagelines elements, or additional div's, etc. that are causing the conflict with DMS? Do you think if we used LESS rather than CSS it would stop the conflicts?

Thanks for your help

dreamsight

there problem happens across browsers. refreshing the page sorts it out every time.

Danny

I am not sure what is causing the issue. However, it is certainly related to the code you have added, this could be CSS or HTML. You will need to remove all custom code added and this will resolve your issue.

Also not sure what you mean by replacing CSS with LESS will resolve the issue ? LESS CSS is CSS, replacing one with the other will have no effect to your issue. 

Please search our forums, before posting!

dreamsight

would some a <div style="clear"></div> in the bottom of the content loop fix it, or do you know of something similar?

dreamsight

just trying to narrow down where to start looking...

the Content/Loop and Text Boxes all have content copied from the clients existing site and all will have old html formatting. We have a custom form, the clients Zoho web-to-lead and a hooker (phone number in header) which have custom code. Then we have all the changes in the CSS.

My problem is that it's intermittent, so I wont know if a change has made a difference. A refresh sorts the problem out every time. Is there any way to call the css every time a page loads?

Any help greatly appreciated

dreamsight

removed the custom css completely and the problem is still there. Click to a page from a link and the problem is there, refresh the page and it all loads ok and fits.

dreamsight
I think we've found it....

body .pl-area .pl-section .pl-section > .pl-section-pad {
padding: 1px;
margin-bottom: 0em;
}

h1 {
margin: 5px;
}
h2 {
font-size: 28px;
}
h3 {
font-size: 24px;
}

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?