Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

josh1178

iCallout font-size

josh1178

No matter what Callout Text Wrapper size I chose, the font size is always the same. :(

H1-H5 does nothing if using 'Text/Button Inline' mode. I have to go to 'text on top of button' to get the size to change to then switch back to Text/Button inline. And even then it only works for h1-h3. There is no difference between h5 and h4. If this is some sort of 'feature' then it should be documented in the UI for the section.  

Sidenote:

I'm starting to get really frustrated with DMS. Everything presents some sort of problem that needs a forum solution. The whole point of this DMS thing is so the customer just plugs things in and has it work. Starting to doubt my choice and wondering if some of the alternatives out there are better. The overall user experience is really a problem with DMS and should be the #1 thing you guys address to improve the program. Forget new features, functions and fancy stuff. Just have someone spend time going through every detail and do some user testing to test the basic experience. 

I'm only complaining because I'd like to see things improved, but it feels like things are implemented 1/2 way. For example, another thing that is driving me nuts this second (one of many) is that you can't text align the Scroll Slider but you can the Rev Slider. But you can't mouse scroll the Rev slider. Why? Is this to convince people to sign up for the membership? If so, it's a really bad approach. 

Danny

Hi,

I have just this moment added the iCallout section to my demo site and configured with each of the header options, each time the header tag changes to the one I selected. This goes for both options such as On Bottom and inline. So if this isn't working for you then you most likely are using an out of version of DMS or you have something causing a conflict.

Regarding your side note, thanks for the feedback we appreciate. However, in regards to the Scroll Slider, the text isn't supposed to be position any other way except for the center, that is how the section works. If you want a slider that has text alignment options, you should use the RevSlider section instead.

The idea of sections is that they act differently such as the RevSlider and Scroll Slider are so that users have a choice, it certainly isn't a way to get users to sign to the membership. Also, the Scroll Slider is far as I know part of the PinsPro theme and not an individual section you can purchase or part of the club.

Please search our forums, before posting!

josh1178

Hm. Interesting.

You can see here it doesn't work:

http://virtualtactile.com/

AND THE DEFAULT PAGELINES SITE ALSO DOESN'T WORK

Go to the main paglines site here:

http://themes.pagelines.com/dms/

Then scroll to bottom to iCallout and use chrome dev to change h1 to h5. Nothing happens. That's what I'm experiencing locally unless I take some special steps described above and even then it's not quite working. 

It also doesn't work.

Thoughts?

Thanks.

As for Sections concept, the user experience would be a LOT better if things were consistent for the basics in my opinion. Who wants to go to a new section and have to relearn all it's particulars for things like text alignment? That should be standard. 

The prob with Rev Slider is you can't scroll it with mouse (and its full width) whereas Scroll slider is scrollable but fixed width. That's great that they do different things, but it seems unnecessary. They both are presumably powered by the same slider (slider revolution) and can do both. 

Simon

Then scroll to bottom to iCallout and use chrome dev to change h1 to h5. Nothing happens.

If you look in chrome tools, icallout fixes the textsize to 37px. Just add your own size there.

.icallout-head {
    font-size: 5em !important;
}

As for the sliders, yes they are totallt different JS code, revslider uses revslider. Scrollslider is sort of custom.

If you have access to pinspro there is nothing stopping you from copying the section folder into your own child theme and customizing it to your own liking.

josh1178

Thanks for the workaround Simon. For the time being I can just brute force it. 

Should it not work with the heading class though? Otherwise later when changing styling it's a mess to figure out all the sections that have some custom CSS across a site and correct them.

As for the sliders, I did copy the section to my child theme and copied the PinPro section over. But customizing setions isn't so easy necessarily and if Pagelines is after the 'drag and drop' customer who just does everything on the front end this isn't the best option.  Unified styling across all sections would be a better solution imo.  Especially for basics like font alignment, color, animations etc.