Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ketri

Why there is <div class="row grid-row"> on firefox but not chrome?

ketri

Hi!

This is for a quite complex css layout which is not necessary to explain here. 
Problem I'm having is that inside section area I have all the .pl-area-fix, pl-area-wrap, -pl-content etc. But in firefox before my mediabox there is a <div class="row grid-row"> that does not exist in chrome.

So, in chrome the last div before my mediabox is .pl-inner, and in firefox its .row and I don't get why. 

Why is that and what's going on? 

Thanks!

EDIT:

Actually it's not with firefox, it's when I'm not logged in. 
Why are there .row classes added then? 

Basically my layout now works when I'm logged in but not for others because of the .row -div. 

Thanks!

Danny

Hi,

I am not sure what you're referring to can you provide a link to the site in question and screenshots of these divs and how your site looks when logged in and not logged in please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ketri

Hi,

I am not sure what you're referring to can you provide a link to the site in question and screenshots of these divs and how your site looks when logged in and not logged in please.

Hi Danny!

Here is the screenshot when I'm not logged in: https://www.dropbox.com/s/500wmd5n5qwwq0w/Screenshot%202014-07-14%2020.06.27.png

It has <div class=" row grid-row> 

Here I'm logged in: https://www.dropbox.com/s/sysxzpleq9wiwac/Screenshot%202014-07-14%2020.07.41.png

It doesn't have <div class=" row grid-row> outside my sections. 

The problem I was having was quite complex css -thingy, and the problem was that I could use the ID of the section to target it with CSS and center it vertically. But when I'm not logged in and it has  <div class=" row grid-row> outside it, I cannot center it vertically because I should then center  <div class=" row grid-row>, but there are several of them so the CSS would affect them all.

Can you perhaps quickly ask some developers why is this visible for users that are not logged in and if it's on purpose or not?

Thank you very much. 

Danny

Not sure why this is an issue, the div class row is there when you're not logged in as it needs to be, it is what controls the position of your sections. The reason it is not there when the DMS editor is active is because the editor handles that. If you stay logged in and disable the editor, the div class row will appear.

Also not sure what you mean by center it vertically and this isn't something we can assist with as it's user created. However, why not just add each section into its own Canvas area and creating a class that vertically centres the element (canvas section) when you add it to the sections styling classes field ?

ketri

Not sure why this is an issue, the div class row is there when you're not logged in as it needs to be, it is what controls the position of your sections. The reason it is not there when the DMS editor is active is because the editor handles that. If you stay logged in and disable the editor, the div class row will appear.

Also not sure what you mean by center it vertically and this isn't something we can assist with as it's user created. However, why not just add each section into its own Canvas area and creating a class that vertically centres the element (canvas section) when you add it to the sections styling classes field ?

Thanks!

I wanted to create a section area that is 100% height of window, and make it have a centered logo but also two custom components on top and in the bottom. 
So I'd have the centered logo

.element {
position: relative;
top: 50%;
transform: translateY(-50%);
}

and the top thingy: 

.top{
  position:absolute;
  width: 100%
  top: 20px;
}

and the bottom thingy:

.bottom{
  position:absolute;
  width: 100%
  top: 20px;
}

So a centered logo, and the top and bottom thingies not disturbing in and everything in a 100% window height section area. 
The problem is that I cannot target the parts because they have the <div class="row grid-row"> outside them.

I ended up just using the NextBox and custom coding the whole thing. 

But thanks for your message!

Danny

No problem.