DMS 2 Pl NextBox adds 'pl-section-pad' even when I check "Disable DMS padding classes"

3 posts in this topic

I'd like to add stuff to my website without any paddings or margins (I'll custom code them if I need it).
I've tried using MediaBox and NextBox but they always add some paddings.
There is a:

<div class="pl-section-pad fix">

which adds the padding. 
Is there a but or how can I add media boxes and nextboxes without having to remove the padding with Less.

Thank you very much!

as simple as changing 

.pl-section-pad {

.pl-section-pad {
  padding: 0;

To target a specific Media box, NextBox or any other section for that matter - Drill down to the Section ID with Firebug or your browser inspection tools

for example - this giant logo in the next screenshot is displayed via a media box -

if we want to target just that section we prefix the CSS with the section ID - in this instance  #mediaboxukc8r4i

Help with ID and Class selectors can be found here

a post i think helps also is here

and Danny's comment here 

What I recommend is you use if you aren't already Google Chromes web dev tools, when inspecting any element in Chromes dev tools, padding is displayed as green and margin is displayed as a shade of orange. This should help you identify the class you want to target.

Then you can manipulate the sites padding/margin using chromes dev tools, then all you want to do then is add your changes to your custom CSS.

For example, let's say you want to remove the padding from the masthead section, you code would look something like this (please remember this is an example):

.section-masthead .content-pad { padding: 0px; }

1 person likes this

That's the method I've been using up until this point, just writing CSS and targeting the elements I want to have more or less padding.

What I meant was to ask what is the "Disable DMS padding classes" -checkbox in NextBox supposed to do? 
I assumed (apparently wrong) that it would simply remove all paddings around the Nextbox and it's content. 

Thank you very much!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Textbox contents against the side of the screen on smartphones
      By Kempston+
      Good day
      How do I indent textbox content so that it's not flush against the side of the screen on mobile devices?
      When I view Kempston Truck Hire East London on my phone, the text is aligned against the side of the screen and doesn't look right.
      Many thanks
    • Change clickable image on hover
      By amb62137
      Hi there,
      I am trying to change an image on hover using either MediaBox or TextBox. The image is manually inserted using the HTML box. 
    • Nextbox not rendering shortcodes
      By evscicats+
      I'm having an issue getting shortcodes to work using the Nextbox section since Wordpress updated to 2.4.4 where they fixed a security issue with shortcodes and caused plugin developers who utilize shortcodes to update their code.  I can get shortcodes to work if they are created using php but if they are shortcodes from a plugin such as Custom Content Shortcodes, they don't work.  Even trying to use a simple shortcode like [field title] on a page doesn't render the page title anymore like it did before the WP update.  The Custom Content Shortcode plugin has been pushing updates to remedy issues since the WP update and I can get the shortcode to work if I put it in WP Content, but if I try using the Nextbox section, I just see [field title].
      I don't know if there's something you guys need to update on the Nextbox section or if there's something you can tell me codewise to pass along to the developer of this awesome plugin to allow this to work again in Nextbox, but I need to get this working ASAP!
    • Trying to add copyright date via php in NextBox
      By webmktco+
      I'm trying to add php code in the NextBox for the copyright date. I'm getting this error:
      Looks like your NextBox PHP resulted in an error :/
      Here's the code I'm using:
      &copy; <?php echo date("Y"); ?Any idea how to get this to work?
    • Grandstand disable popup when clicking images
      By JawDesigns+
      Hi everyone,
      When you click an image on grandstand it opens the image at the top with a small close icon. The image does not fit as well as I had hoped. I think it will require quite a bit of CSS to make it look as I wanted. Therefore, I think the easier approach for me is to disable it from do this. Is there a way to disable this when clicking on an image in grandstand so that nothing happens?
      Kind regards,