Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

m.beerens

PageLines 2.4.5 to DMS 2.0

m.beerens

Dear,

My current website www.xilloc.com is build by me in PageLines 2.4.5. latest version of wordpress (old account provided by my old hoster, still logged in)

I just became a club member and I understand that I have to rebuild the front-end of the page in the DMS 2.0 theme. I run into the following problem.

I currently try to rebuild the website as it was in the pagelines 2.4.5 theme. When I active the DMS 2.0 theme, and rebuild the new frontpage, but then activate the old PageLines theme, to see how it was and what else to change, and switch back into activating the DMS 2.0 theme it has not saved ant of the new rebuild frontpage. It then acts as if I'm using the DMS2.0 theme for the first time.

Do I have to save it somewhere? Or how does it works?

Looking forward to your help ans suggestions.

Kind regards,

Maikel Beerens

[email protected]

greenfly

Hello @m.beerens

Good to see you've joined the club :) 

Rather than install DMS on the same server as your old site, install DMS in a subdirectory or test environment and then rebuild your site on the DMS install. That way you have a clean install to work from and can easily switch between your old and new site. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

m.beerens

Dear Martin,

Thanks for you response, Ill see if i can create a extra install of word press in a sub-directory. But still I wonder if I future wise i would ever activate a different theme, is then all in the DMS 2.0 theme lost?

Looking forward to you answer,

Kind regards,

greenfly

No not at all. but work this way and that won't happen for now. There are steps to take to make sure this doesn't happen. 

Start by adding your customisations (cusotm code/JS etc) to a child theme rather than to the Base DMS. 

Use Danny's Skeleton Child theme which includes installation and usage instructions https://github.com/Dannyholt/skeleton

Steps to installing the child theme and working with them can be found here http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/how-to-customize

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

m.beerens

Hi Martin,

Thanks for you explanation. I installed the theme on a test environment. I'm still pretty new to this all, but had the change to play around with it. I also installed the danny's skeleton theme.

I currently have two themes installed. one is the DMS2 and the other one is the skelleton recommended by you. When I activate this one of danny it works but gives the message below on the themes dashboard 

Do I still need to install these themes? and if yes, where can i find them for download?

Looking forward to your answer,

Kind regards,

Maikle

screenshot.png
Theme Details Active: Xilloc
screenshot.png
Theme Details DMS

Broken Themes

The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template.

Name Description Base Theme The parent theme is missing. Please install the "pagelines" parent theme. PlatformBase The parent theme is missing. Please install the "platformpro" parent theme.

Danny

That issue isn't related to DMS, but Platform Pro. Basically you have the PlatformBase child theme installed but have uninstalled the parent theme Platform Pro. So you will also want to uninstall the Platform Base theme too, as it is no longer needed seeing as you have removed the Platform Pro theme.

Please search our forums, before posting!

m.beerens

Solved :) Start to like it more and more ;)

Danny

Cool and no problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?