Functions.php for PageLines Store Child Themes

4 posts in this topic

I originally asked this question over here but realized I should have started a new topic.
I don't seem to be able to start one under the PageLines Store Products forum because I can't find Enrique Chavez listed there.
Anyway, my question is about the Pagelines store child themes, like Flatten and Voyant.
Where do I add custom functions? There does not appear to be a functions.php file that I can/should edit so I'm wondering where they go.
I usually use a child theme based on Danny's Skeleton child theme, which, of course, has a file for custom functions.
Please advise.

If you need to you can easily create a wp plugin..

call it dawson.php and add it to the plugins folder. Then add the following:

Plugin Name: Dawsons amazing plugin
Description: Lets add all my functions to this file.
Author: Dawson
Then just add your code to that file.

Thanks very much, Simon.

This topic is marked as answered. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• PL child Theme sections in other themes
      By kmpeter
      I have bought a few themes, and they have additional sections,  are those sections PL theme specific, or will they work, if I change theme?
    • DMS2 and Child Themes
      By station16
      When will child Themes, such as Flatten, be updated to work with DMS2?
    • Pagination not working in a Custom loop
      By xavaireland
      I wrote a custom section to conduct a multi-taxonomy search for a client. The search functionality works perfectly but the pagination in the section doesnt - the loop shows the same results on every page. Any feedback is welcome
      The code for the section.php is posted here:
      <?php /* Section: Tyrebroker Custom Product Search Author: Amit Wadhwa Author URI: Description: A base section to be used to start new sections. Class Name: tbCustomSearch Demo: Version: 1.2 Filter: component */ /** * DMS Meta Info Tips // You can set the filter value to one of the following: component, layout, full-width, format, gallery , nav, slider, social, widgetized, misc // There are a few additional headers you can utlize. One of which is a full-width filter that forces the section full-width. The other is an active loading filter, which, when applied, doesn't require a page refresh for the section to show up. however, sections with javascript shouldn't use this. */ class tbCustomSearch extends PageLinesSection { const version = '1.2'; // Declares a version, used in tracking the version of the script. For some reason it's needed with DMS along with declaring true at the end of the script to force into the footer // READY TO USE VARIABLES // $this->id; section slug, in this case its nb-section // $this->base_url; the base url of the section // $this->base_dir; the base directory of the section // $this->images; create an /images directory in your section, then use this variable for the path // $this->screenshot; the section thumb // $this->splash; the section splash // $this->description get the description from the header // get_the_id(); retrieves the clone id of the section // RUNS ALL TIME - This loads all the time, even if the section isn't on the page. Stuff like actions and things can go here, as well as post type setup functions function section_persistent(){} // LOAD SCRIPTS function section_scripts(){ //wp_enqueue_script('script-name', $this->base_url.'/script.js', array('jquery'), self::version, true ); } // RUNS IN <HEAD> function section_head() { // Always use jQuery and never $ to avoid issues with other store products /* ?><script> jQuery(document).ready(function(){ }); </script><?php */ // This is only needed if you'll be using custom fonts // echo load_custom_font($this->opt('nb_custom_font'), '.target-class'); } // BEFORE SECTION - this adds a class to the section wrap. you can also put HTML here and it will run outside of the section, and before it function before_section_template( $location = '', $clone_id = null ) { //$this->wrapper_classes['background'] = 'special-class'; } // SECTION MARKUP - This is the function that outputs all the HTML onto the page. Put all your viewable content here function section_template() { //global $product, $post; global $my_products; $width = $_GET['width']; $aratio = $_GET['aratio']; $dia = $_GET['dia']; $paged=$_GET['paged']; if (!$paged){$paged = 1;} ?> <div class="bordered" style="margin-top:20px;"> <div class="row"> <span class="span12"> <span style="font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold;display:inline; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-top: 0px;">Search our stock for the cheapest fitted tyres in Dublin</span> </span> </div> <div class="row" style="margin-bottom: 0px;"> <div class="span12"> <form id="tyresearch" name="search" method="GET" action="" style="margin: 0px"> <fieldset style="width:25%;display:inline"> <select name="width" style="width: 100%;"> <option value="0">Tyre Width</option><option value="135"<?php if ($width == 135) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>135</option><option value="145"<?php if ($width == 145) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>145</option><option value="155"<?php if ($width == 155) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>155</option><option value="165"<?php if ($width == 165) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>165</option><option value="175"<?php if ($width == 175) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>175</option><option value="185"<?php if ($width == 185) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>185</option><option value="195"<?php if ($width == 195) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>195</option><option value="205"<?php if ($width == 205) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>205</option><option value="215"<?php if ($width == 215) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>215</option><option value="225"<?php if ($width == 225) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>225</option><option value="235"<?php if ($width == 235) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>235</option><option value="245"<?php if ($width == 245) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>245</option><option value="255"<?php if ($width == 255) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>255</option><option value="265"<?php if ($width == 265) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>265</option><option value="275"<?php if ($width == 275) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>275</option><option value="285"<?php if ($width == 285) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>285</option><option value="295"<?php if ($width == 295) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>295</option><option value="305"<?php if ($width == 305) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>305</option><option value="315"<?php if ($width == 315) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>315</option><option value="325"<?php if ($width == 325) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>325</option> </select> </fieldset > <fieldset style="width:25%;display:inline"> <select name="aratio" style="width:100%"> <option value="0">Tyre Profile</option><option value="25"<?php if ($aratio == 25) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>25</option><option value="30"<?php if ($aratio == 30) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>30</option><option value="35"<?php if ($aratio == 35) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>35</option><option value="40"<?php if ($aratio == 40) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>40</option><option value="45"<?php if ($aratio == 45) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>45</option><option value="50"<?php if ($aratio == 50) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>50</option><option value="55"<?php if ($aratio == 55) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>55</option><option value="60"<?php if ($aratio == 60) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>60</option><option value="65"<?php if ($aratio == 65) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>65</option><option value="70"<?php if ($aratio == 70) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>70</option><option value="75"<?php if ($aratio == 75) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>75</option><option value="80"<?php if ($aratio == 80) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>80</option><option value="85"<?php if ($aratio == 85) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>85</option> </select> </fieldset > <fieldset style="width:25%;display:inline"> <select name="dia" style="width:100%"> <option value="0">Tyre Size</option><option value="8"<?php if ($dia == 8) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>8</option><option value="10"<?php if ($dia == 10) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>10</option><option value="12"<?php if ($dia == 12) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>12</option><option value="13"<?php if ($dia == 13) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>13</option><option value="14"<?php if ($dia == 14) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>14</option><option value="15"<?php if ($dia == 15) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>15</option><option value="16"<?php if ($dia == 16) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>16</option><option value="17"<?php if ($dia == 17) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>17</option><option value="18"<?php if ($dia == 18) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>18</option><option value="19"<?php if ($dia == 19) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>19</option><option value="20"<?php if ($dia == 20) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>20</option><option value="21"<?php if ($dia == 21) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>21</option><option value="22"<?php if ($dia == 22) echo " selected='selected'"; ?>>22</option> </select> </fieldset > <fieldset style="width:15%;display:inline"> <input type="hidden" name="paged" value="1"> <input type="submit" value="Find Tyres" style="width:100%; vertical-align:bottom"/> </fieldset > </form> </div> </div> <div class="clear"></div> </div> <?php if ( ($_GET['width'] == 0) && ($_GET['aratio'] == 0) && ($_GET['dia'] == 0) ) { echo 'Please select a tyre size to search from or take a look at our most popular tyres.'; } else { if ($width && !$aratio && !$dia){ $aratiop = "--"; $diap = "--"; $my_products = new WP_Query( array( 'paged' => $paged, 'post_type' => 'product', 'tax_query' => array( 'relation' => 'AND', array( 'taxonomy' => 'pa_width', 'field' => 'slug', 'terms' => $width) ), 'orderby' => 'meta_value_num', 'meta_key' => '_regular_price', 'order' => 'ASC' ) ); } else if ($width && $aratio && !$dia){ $aratiop = $aratio; $diap = "--"; $my_products = new WP_Query( array( 'paged' => $paged, 'post_type' => 'product', 'tax_query' => array( 'relation' => 'AND', array( 'taxonomy' => 'pa_width', 'field' => 'slug', 'terms' => $width), array( 'taxonomy' => 'pa_aratio', 'field' => 'slug', 'terms' => $aratio) ), 'orderby' => 'meta_value_num', 'meta_key' => '_regular_price', 'order' => 'ASC' ) ); }else if ($width && $aratio && $dia){ $aratiop = $aratio; $diap = $dia; $my_products = new WP_Query( array( 'orderby' => 'meta_value_num', 'meta_key' => '_regular_price', 'order' => 'ASC', 'paged' => $paged, 'post_type' => 'product', 'tax_query' => array( 'relation' => 'AND', array( 'taxonomy' => 'pa_width', 'field' => 'slug', 'terms' => $width), array( 'taxonomy' => 'pa_aratio', 'field' => 'slug', 'terms' => $aratio), array( 'taxonomy' => 'pa_dia', 'field' => 'slug', 'terms' => $dia) ) ) ); } if (!($my_products->have_posts())){ ?> <div class="notfound"> Your search for <?php echo $width;?>/<?php echo $aratiop; ?>R<?php echo $diap; ?> yielded no results<br> Please contact us for prices. </div> <?php }else{ $i=0; $numposts = $my_products->have_posts() ? sizeof($my_products->posts) : 0; $num_pages = $my_products->max_num_pages; // * sizeof($my_products->posts); ?> <div class="restitle" style="float:left"> Search Results for tyre sizes <?php echo $width; ?>/<?php echo $aratiop; ?>R<?php echo $diap; ?> </div><div style="float:right; display:inline">Page <?php echo $i+1; ?> of <?php echo $num_pages; ?></div>. </div> <div class="clear"></div> <p> <div id = "search_heading" class="row" style="border:1px solid rgba(102,155, 204, 0.5);padding:10px 0px;"> <div class="span2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><strong>Brand</strong></div> <div class="span5" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><strong>Product Details</strong></div> <div class="span1" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><strong>LR/SR<sup><a href="#notes">*</a></sup></strong></div> <div class="span1" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><strong>EU<sup><a href="#notes">**</a></sup></strong></div> <div class="span1" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><strong>Price</strong></div> <div class="span2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><strong> </strong></div> </div> <?php while ($my_products->have_posts()) : $my_products->the_post(); global $product; // get the terms related to post $brands = get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'pa_brand' ); foreach( $brands as $tyreBrand ) {$tyrebrand = $tyreBrand->name;} $widths = get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'pa_width' ); foreach( $widths as $tyreWidth ) {$tyrewidth = $tyreWidth->name;} $aratios = get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'pa_aratio' ); foreach( $aratios as $tyreAratio ) {$tyrearatio = $tyreAratio->name;} $dias = get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'pa_dia' ); foreach( $dias as $tyreDia ) {$tyredia = $tyreDia->name;} $euratings = get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'pa_eurating' ); if ($euratings){ foreach( $euratings as $tyreEU ){$tyreeu = $tyreEU->name;} }else{ $tyreeu = 'Not Supplied'; } $lspeds = get_the_terms( $post->ID, 'pa_lsped' ); foreach( $lspeds as $tyreLS ) {$tyrels = $tyreLS->name;} ?> <div id = "post-<?php the_ID(); ?>" <?php post_class(); ?> > <div class="prow-<?php echo $i; ?> row <?php if($i%2 == 0){echo "row-grey";} ?>" style="margin-bottom:0px;border-bottom:1px solid rgba(102,155, 204, 0.5);border-right:1px solid rgba(102,155, 204, 0.5);border-left:1px solid rgba(102,155, 204, 0.5);"> <div class="span2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><a href="<?php echo the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>"><span class="plinks"><?php echo $tyrebrand; ?></span></a></div> <div class="span5" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><a href="<?php echo the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>"><span class="plinks"><?php echo the_title(); ?></span></a></div> <div class="span1" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><a href="<?php echo the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>"><span class="plinks"><?php echo $tyrels; ?></span></a></div> <div class="span1" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"><a href="<?php echo the_permalink(); ?>" title="<?php the_title(); ?>"><span class="plinks"><?php echo $tyreeu; ?></span></a></div> <div class="span1" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"> <span class="price"><?php echo $product->get_price_html(); ?></span></div> <div class="span2" style="margin: 0px; padding: 5px"> <div class="product-avlb"> <?php if($product->is_in_stock() ) { $content = "[add_to_cart id=\"".$post->ID."\"]";?> <?php echo do_shortcode( $content ); ?> <form class="cart" method="post" enctype='multipart/form-data'> <?php do_action( 'woocommerce_before_add_to_cart_button' ); ?> <?php if ( ! $product->is_sold_individually() ) woocommerce_quantity_input( array( 'min_value' => apply_filters( 'woocommerce_quantity_input_min', 1, $product ), 'max_value' => apply_filters( 'woocommerce_quantity_input_max', $product->backorders_allowed() ? '' : $product->get_stock_quantity(), $product ) ) ); ?> <input type="hidden" name="add-to-cart" value="<?php echo esc_attr( $product->id ); ?>" /> <button type="submit" class="single_add_to_cart_button button-alt"><?php echo $product->single_add_to_cart_text(); ?></button> <?php do_action( 'woocommerce_after_add_to_cart_button' ); ?> </form> <?php } else { ?> <div style="align:right"><a id="not-in-stock-link" href="" class="button">Contact Us</a></div> <?php }?> </div> </div> </div> </div> <div class="clear"></div> <?php $i++; endwhile; } wp_reset_query(); if($my_products->max_num_pages>1){ ?> <nav class="woocommerce-pagination pager"> <?php echo paginate_links( apply_filters( 'woocommerce_pagination_args', array( 'base' => str_replace( 999999999, '%#%', get_pagenum_link( 999999999 ) ), 'format' => '', 'current' => max( 1, $paged), 'total' => $my_products->max_num_pages, 'prev_text' => '&larr;', 'next_text' => '&rarr;', 'type' => 'list', 'end_size' => 3, 'mid_size' => 3 ) ) ); ?> </nav> <?php } ?> <h3 class="headline">Can't find what you need, <a href="">contact us</a> for a quote.</h3> <div class="footnote">All quotes are valid till the end of business on the date of the quote or until stocks last.</div><p></p> <?php } // call settings like so // $var = $this->opt($this->id.'_some_key'); // print iterated options - as of 1.1 } // RUNS IN <FOOTER> - This is just like using wp_footer so this stuffs will in the footer of your site function section_foot(){} // WELCOME MESSAGE - HTML content for the welcome/intro option field function welcome(){ ob_start(); ?><div style="font-size:12px;line-height:14px;color:#444;"><p><?php _e('You can have some custom text here.','nb-section');?></p></div><?php return ob_get_clean(); } // SECTION OPTIONS - draws out the section options. This symbol * denotes optional fields. } // that's it, that's the end of it. never put code past this area as it's then out of the class
    • How to create a custom shortcode to my DMS-child theme?
      By ketri+
      By trial and error I was able to create a new shortcode by editing the class.shortcodes.php. Basically I added my shortcode first to the 
      private function shortcodes_core() { And then just copy-pasting the function below. 

How do I add it to my child theme? Can I add just the one shortcode or do I have to override them all?

Thank you
    • How to install Headlines theme, Viewer, etc.
      By sum247
      I've been searching everywhere on pagelines, even searched on google Looking for instructions on how to install Headlines theme, Viewer or any other child theme on DMS. Where are the instructions please?