Sign in to follow this  
peopleu2

PlatformPro upgrade failure

peopleu2

Attempting to upgrade to latest version of PlatformPro. Got the following error message: Destination folder already exists. `/home2/peopleu1/public_html/wp-content/themes/platformpro/` Theme install failed. Installed the base theme prior to the upgrade attempt.Working fine. I renamed upgrade to PlatformProNew. What's wrong?

Andrew

Has the same name; you might want to step it up and install via FTP .. Just install the FireFTP extension for FireFox. This is a common WP issue; I'll get some guidance and put it in the docs :)

peopleu2

Huh?? Give me a link that explains in greater detail please. Thanks. BTW,I do enjoy and am please to work with PlatformPro.

cmunns

FTP is a way to manually access files on your server. You can upload and download and files with the same name can be overwritten. If you want to use the WP upload feature then you will have to rename the new version of Platform before uploading.

peopleu2

My apologies up front for my naivety. I changed the name of PlatformPro and tried the WP upload feature and the installation failed. I downloaded FileZilla and attempted installation through FTP...no success. I've studied videos, gone on forums...why am I complicating such a simple process? Please help.

bryan-hadaway

This won't work via the WordPress upload because changing the name of the zip file won't change the folder within it's name, it'll still just be /platformpro/ when it's unzipped. If you've got FTP configured, here's what you want to do; - First, unzip the theme zip file - Rename it to platformpronew for example - Upload it to: wp-content/themes - In the WordPress admin, go to: Appearance > Themes > And activate it Thanks, Bryan