Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chamainew

customizations lost

chamainew

My customizations on the website eml.techliminal.com disappeared mysteriously. 

I had the customizations in the custom/less box and the Java in the custom scripts box

My concern is that will I lose my customizations every-time DMS updates?

Please let me know how I can prevent this from happening in the future. 

Should something be checked?

-chamaine

greenfly

What happened when the Code was lost? Did you update the theme? 

Could we have a link to your site please? Also could you enable the debug mode for us. Debug is available in Site Settings > Advanced in the visual editor. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

chamainew

I did not update the theme. I was about to but did not when I noticed that my customizations were gone. Debug is on.  

the site is eml.techliminal.com

greenfly

I have tried to access your debug page but it appears debug is not turned on. So.. Could you list the following for us please? This is requested when starting a topic. 

Remember to include as much information about your technical issue as possible for example:
Website URL:
Framework Version:
WordPress Version:
Plugins in Use:
Server/Host:
Screenshots:
Details:

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

chamainew

Sorry...you know I've already started to recreate the customizations. I'm more interested in keeping this from happening again.

Remember to include as much information about your technical issue as possible for example:
Website URL: eml.techliminal.com
Framework Version: DMS2.1
WordPress Version:  3.9.1
Plugins in Use: backupwordpress, dms professional tools, duplicator, grid shortcodes (I installed this one today come to think of it), pagelines updater, sidebar manager (installed today also), TicketNetwork - by Tech Liminal, WordPress SEO,WP Geocode
Server/Host: liquid web
Screenshots: none available
Details: Lost customizations

Debug is activated. 

greenfly

My Advice on this is add your customizations to your child theme to prevent this from happening again. 

Use Danny's created child which includes the steps on how to use this here  https://github.com/Dannyholt/skeleton

Help on Customizing with the child theme is available here http://docs.pagelines.com/customize/how-to-customize

chamainew

Ok! I actually pulled the base theme so it's great to know I'm moving in the right direction. Thank you!

greenfly

No problem at all.