Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

emnandoka

DMS2 RevSlider Video wont Show

emnandoka

Hi guys,

i have a problem with the DMS2 RevSlider.

I uploaded a mp4 and an ogg Video but i wont show on my Website. I use different browser, but none shows me the video.

Can you help me, what have i done wrong? 

This is the website, where i make the beta-version etc. for my customers: http://entwurf3.epic-webdesign-hannover.de/

Thanks in advance!

Martin

sethoof

I am having the same problem after the last update.  None of my videos are showing in revslider.  please help!!

BentleyD

Was there a solution for this? sethoof"] @[member="emnandoka"] @[member="Danny

Danny

As far as I am aware this has been fixed and was related to a Chrome update. Are you all using the latest version of DMS ?

If you're then please add the code you're using to our pastie and then provide a link to your pastie in your reply.

Please search our forums, before posting!

emnandoka

its still not working for me. :(

emnandoka

its still not working for me. :(

Danny

I have reported the issue again, as far as I can tell Chrome may have pushed an update which fixes the issue in the first place, but has also stopped our fix from working.

emnandoka

It is working now! I edited the videos with Adobe Premier Pro.

But there is another issue now. When i want to set the Slider-height for example to 600px, it shows the video still in 1920x1280px.

How can i change this?

Danny

What are you settings? Can you provide a screenshot please.

emnandoka

i fixed the problem. i just made the slider higher so the video will show almost correctly...

Another problem, again. Background-videos are showing now with Chrome, Firefox and Opera. But they wont show with IE and safari. I have installed the latest versions of browsers and all codecs from the videos are correct.

I wont change the side anymore untill the problem is fixed. Here is the link to my clients-site. Its already online.

http://x-fights.de/

Danny

This is likely because you haven't encoded them correctly. How have you encoded those videos ?

When I did a test a few days ago for another user, I used the HandBreak application and had no such issues.

Also, I have just viewed your site on Safari and it appears to be working as intended ?

https://cloudup.com/ckpCSbk_sA5

What version of Safari and IE are you viewing the site on ?

emnandoka

Interesting. I cant see the video on safari. My version is 5.1.7

i shot the video with my DSLR and converted it with Adobe Premier Pro to .mp4

The .ogg is converted with anyvideo converter from the Premier Pro .mp4 file, cause i dont get how handbrake works. XD

My IE version is 9.0.8112.16421 64-bit editon. It is also not working for me.

Danny

Judging by your Safari version I am going to take a guess and say you're using the Windows version ? If so, then that is no longer under development as far as I am aware, hasn't been updated in over two years. Therefore, we do not support that, most other frameworks don't either such as Bootstrap.

http://getbootstrap.com/getting-started/#support-browsers

In regards to IE, can you provide a video what you see and also is there any errors, notices or warning printed in the browsers console ?

onlinedesigns4u

I have an issue with my YouTube videos not displaying on Firefox. Work fine on Safari and chrome but not firefox. Not sure what i can do about it really. I have around 30-40 Youtube videos id like to add to my website. 

All the videos are mp4 and have been converted through premier pro. Id like to share those videos from the Youtube channel rather than upload direct to the website. What can i do?

Also, i have a video background set within the canvas for this page, http://lovepattayathailand.developedbyhuman.com/activities-in-pattaya

Which also doesnt play in Firefox? Do all my videos need to be encoded in some way to play on all browsers? Im a bit stuck if that is the case, guess they will just have to be uploaded straight to the website or embed from youtube but not sure about responsiveness.

Cheers Guys, 

onlinedesigns4u

Hmm, after checking today i see my youtube videos are playing and showing up in firefox now.

Still not getting the video background playing like in chrome or safari though. I have added a background image for now, so at least not just big grey screen when it doesnt play.

For my backrgound videos, i can upload without the need of youtube. What is the best practice to get video backgrounds playing across all browsers? 

Thanks

Danny

You need to upload your video twice as the inline documentation suggests, you need  your video in both .mp4 and .ogv to make sure it is appears in all browsers. Have you uploaded your video in both formats ?

onlinedesigns4u

Danny - ive since added both formats of the video and now showing on all browsers.

I do still have  an issue with my Youtube videos though so ive started a new thread.

Thanks again

Danny

No problem.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?