Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quintinm

Author page styling

quintinm

Hello.

How do you go about styling the author page in a site?

I think it is the archive page for all author posts.

Obviously it doesn't appear in the pages on a site, but in search engines it appears and i would like to find out how to style it.

Thank you.

greenfly

Could we have a link to your page and we can suggest a method for based on your site. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

quintinm

Hello Martin.

Here you go:

www.seringaliving.co.za/author/seringa_user/

greenfly

You can add css to a particular page by locating the Page ID of the relevant page from the Page Info area in your visual editor. 

You can apply CSS to a particular page only by prefixing the CSS with 

.page-id-xxx

Where xxx is the page ID number. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

quintinm

Martin Davies, i want to add the menu to this page - how do i do that?

greenfly

Have you tried to use the drag and drop to place the menu onto the author page when logged into your site? 

Is your menu in the header area on your site? this way it will appear on every page. If you want a second (or even third) menu to appear on a particular page and not the 1st header you can hide any one on any page. This works better than putting the menu onto the page templates. 

this page http://www.seringaliving.co.za/ has nothing in the header area. 

If for example you have a dynamically created page such as your author post page that would use the header then the header will be blank. 

Add the menus that you want to show globally (even if you want to hide them on some pages) to the header area and not the page template. 

quintinm

Hi Martin Davies.

I haven't tried to drag it in there no, as it is a dynamically created page i didn't know where to open it and save it.

The menu doesn't appear in the header section because it is over a background image.

So i assume it all had to be in the same canvas area. Could i have done the same thing with the navigation in the header?

Please advise so i can fix it here and make sure i don't make that mistake in future.

Thank you.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?