Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jmad

Woo Commerce Related Products Image Size and Text

jmad

In Woo I have the Catalog Image size set to 100X200 and this works.  However, the Related Products image is huge like over 400wide.  I change the image via css but then it shrinks the shop catalog image size as well.  

Also, for the Related Products is there a place to change the text to "You might also like" or something else?  I thought this was doable in Woo but can't find it.

http://screencast.com/t/LBEzaRk4Ot

greenfly

In Woo I have the Catalog Image size set to 100X200 and this works.  However, the Related Products image is huge like over 400wide.  I change the image via css but then it shrinks the shop catalog image size as well.  

Can you give us an example of the code you are using to shrink the image please? 

Also, for the Related Products is there a place to change the text to "You might also like" or something else?  I thought this was doable in Woo but can't find it.

http://screencast.com/t/LBEzaRk4Ot

Could you create a separate topic for this please

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly

Thanks - if you could provide the code you are using to shrink the images we can look at this for you. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

jmad

I don't have custom CSS code set.  The settings of 100X200 are in the Woo Product section.

greenfly

Ok could you email us the link to the site to hello @ PageLines dot com and we can check this out for you. 

jmad

sent...except I forgot to include the site.  However, you already have it and the Flywheel login/password.  I sent previously.

jmad

Hello?!

greenfly

Hello @jmad 

I have logged this as a possible bug and this is being investigated - i will update you as soon as there is some more information regarding this. 

jmad

Martin Davies

I explored this a bit more as it's one of the last pieces of a nearly completed site.  Here is what I know.

When I have the Product Image sizes in Woo Commerce set to:

Catalog Images 150X150 (hard crop)

Single Product Image 300X300 (hard crop)

Product Thumbnails 90X90 (hard crop) 

I'm getting the following image sizes on the product page:

Catalog Images (related products) 150X150 (scaled to 450X450)

Single Product Image 300X300 (scaled to 450X450)

Product Thumbnails 90px × 90px (scaled to 138px × 138px)

The images become very blurry.  The images are sized in the media library as 600X600.

I followed these instructions.  http://docs.woothemes.com/document/using-the-appropriate-product-image-dimensions/

This does correct the blurriness of the images.  However the Catalog Images are still overly large because I have to set them to the size they are being scaled to.  

I tried using code from here....http://wordpress.org/support/topic/woocommerce-product-images-blurry-and-not-fitting  and that sort of worked but the add to cart button was still out to the right.  

My objective is to have the Related Products not be so massive.  It would be nice if the size entered into Woo Commerce is what was produced.  I disabled all plugins except Woo, of course, and nothing changed.

Danny

In our tracker this issue has been closed. Apparently it is caused by the DMS Pro Tools plugin and has already been fixed.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jmad

Danny

I think you are referring to the product image in the cart being cutoff in the sidebar.  That issue was resolved but as far as I know the photo sizing is still and issue.

Danny

That isn't related to DMS, but WooCommerce. I have just enabled TwentyThirteen and the same thing is happening on my site, the related product image is 150x150 but is then scaled to a larger size. You're going to need to speak to WooCommerce support.

Please search our forums, before posting!