Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bloom1creative

Change Site URL breaks [pl_site_url] & DMS Editor

bloom1creative+    3
bloom1creative

Hey

As the title says really, this happens on the past few sites I have tried this on, the only way I got around it was not to have the site in a subfolder.

I installed the site as normal in a subfolder, set up DMS etc and accessed the site through www.site.com/subdomain.  Now I want to change the URL so its just www.site.com, so I use the backend of Wordpress Settings > General >Site Address.  This then seems to break all [pl_site_url] shortlinks & DMS Editor doesn't load up on the front end.

My site is http://everystepadoption.com/adoptachild/

and the current site url is http://everystepadoption.com

Attached image shows that I have changed the Site Address out of the sub folder as standard, and have also moved index.php and .htaccess to the root, and changed require( dirname( __FILE__ ) . '/adoptachild/wp-blog-header.php' ); in the index.php as per the Wordpress docs.  If somebody could tell me what it is I am doing so wrong I would be eternally grateful.  I have done this many times on other themes, so I can only assume its something the DMS isn't happy with.

Cheers guys

Many thanks

Rob1n

greenfly    230
greenfly

I will ask a Dev to look into this for you ASAP. 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

bloom1creative+    3
bloom1creative

I have managed to fix the issue for now by adding www. in front of the site URL / Wordpress URL.  Strange as Wordpress doesn't add them by default and I didn't think they were necessary.  Thanks.

Many thanks

Rob1n

greenfly    230
greenfly

Thank you for letting us know. i will add this information to the report also 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

bloom1creative+    3
bloom1creative

Cheers Martin

• Like 1

Many thanks

Rob1n

greenfly    230
greenfly

My pleasure - i will update you of the outcome 

• Similar Content

• tforasiepi
      By tforasiepi+
      I simply love Framework 5!  It is easy to add content and build just about any configuration... great work!
      I am hoping someone can offer a tidbit of advice on changing my site's URL, though. I have a backup of the site.   I have developed the site in a subdirectory and am able to change the SiteURL to the main domain address. Everything works except I loose the ability to edit in the Builder interface.  I tried using the "SAFEMODE" code suggested, but it didn't help.
      When I change the WordPress URL for the site everything breaks down.  I'm contemplating using SQL to change all of the URLs in the database to the new domain.  I have had success with this with DMS in the past.  Has anyone done this with Framework 5?  Is it even necessary or is there a better way to get the Builder back online?
      Thanks in advance!
    • tforasiepi
      By tforasiepi+
      I'm developing a new site and after changing the Site URL in WordPress>Settings>General to the final domain name, I lost access to the Pagelines Platform 5 front interface.  Is there a way to get it back?

• Skip
      By Skip+
      Hello
      I'm having problems with the Font not appearing correctly on a website.
      I've adjusted the font correctly with DMS (see screen shot) and saved it repeatedly yet it does not adjust the font in the website (see screen shot).  Would you please let me know what is wrong and should be done?
      (Please note that I've cleared the cache in the browser and whatnot as far as basic things I do know about browsers and issues with DMS from the past.  Hope this helps in troubleshooting...)
      Thank you.
      Skip

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.