Sign in to follow this  
bartspain

Features: only showing 3 instead of 5...

bartspain

What would I have to do so I can see all my features? Now I only get to see 3, and I have 5 and will have to add more. In feature settings I have: number of features to show set on 5.

cmlstudios

First, make sure you've included all the features you want in the same category set. I forgot that once and couldn't see all my features. Chris

bartspain

Hi Chris, i am using the default features by changing them with my information. Each one of them has exactly the same parameters. I have now a total of 5 made but only 3 are appearing.

catrina

Hello, in your slideshow, do you have the navigation buttons enabled at the bottom? If so, are they showing up or not?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

bartspain

I have tried all navigation buttons.. but it only shows 3 when activated.

cmunns

Can we get a link to your site? If you are using any HTML or embed code it's possible that missing markup is cutting off the slides early

bartspain

yes of course .. here you go: http://gardeninspain.com now I have desactivated the buttons... Beside of that I have some other issues... but surely will get them sorted out step by step. Thanks for all your time. Bart

tranceandy

Your link doesn't seem to be working.

bartspain

I guess with Tidy it will help to correct the mistakes... but, my problem is: which is the file I need to change? I get by in the editor and I use cyberduck and textwrangler. I know how to do it. But I don't know which file I have to correct.

bartspain

By the way... I have this: "Broken Themes The following themes are installed but incomplete. Themes must have a stylesheet and a template. Name Description platformbase The parent theme is missing. Please install the "PlatformPro" parent theme." Does it also affect?

cmunns

PlatformBase wouldn't work at all if PlatformPro is not available. Additionally, the validator errors wouldn't be on code files created by us as we test for that sort of thing. Did you try deactivating plugins?

bartspain

yes I did deactivate plugins, but no difference. can you please tell me where I can correct the errors? On which files? And I did not understand now what you meant with PlatformBase wouldn't work at all if PlatformPro is not available. Do I have to take action?

cmunns

do the slides that aren't showing up have content in them? If you copy one of the slides that is showing up EXACTLY, with a changed word or two does it show up? This will tell us if it's the slides themselves or something more

bartspain

yes they have content, when I create another one, it moves up and it will then show the newer one, making the first one disappear. I will do what you told me and post the result. I can also if this could help create you as a new user giving you a better insight hopefully solving this way the problem. Thanks

bartspain

I have done this copying, but no difference....

cmunns

hmm...yeah i'll need to login to find more info. adam[at]pagelines.com

cmunns

Bart, I've been testing it a bit, and you definitely deactivated ALL plugins? Do you have access to PHPmyAdmin? The only thing I can think of is that at some point the value of 3 was chosen for max features to show. If that option is not being corrected then it's strange. Can you try backup everything, and try restoring to default then restoring from backup?

bartspain

Hello Adam, thanks for your time. I deleted all platform themes, then re-installed base and pro. Both are now installed correctly. But still no difference on the features. I also installed on another url both themes and there, all works fine. So it must be something sitting on this server... should I install the complete WP all over again? I did deactivate plugins, saw that it did not change anything so l connected them again. I will now try to look on phpadmin, but I am not sure if I will understand what I will see there...

bryan-hadaway

So the other testing site is on a completely different server working and as far as meets the eye nothing is different other than the server itself. You may want to talk to support for the host that is having the issues, maybe check into it to see if PHP is configured properly. And you are using the very latest versions of everything? Thanks, Bryan

bartspain

Hi Bryan, The site with issues is hosted on TMD. The other one is on a Dutch server where I created this newer site and with no problems at all. So I ask them: Can you check the php? I am having al latest versions.

bartspain

Please have a look at what TMD says, please let me know next steps, thanks!:

Hello, Thank you for contacting TMDHosting Technical Support Team! The term "if PHP is configured properly" should refer to specific requirements, which we are not provided to. If the question they are asking is "Do you have PHP on the server", the answer is -- yes, we do. Here they can review the configuration, so they can determine whether it is configured properly per their requirements: http://node01.tmdvirtual2.org/~brand/i.php If the theme maintainer requires a setting to be changed, let us know and we can discuss this further. I hope this information was helpful. Please, do not hesitate to contact us again if we could be of any further assistance! We are 24/7 on your immediate disposal! Best Regards, Jeff Simpson Shift Supervisor Technical Support Team TMDHosting.com