DMS 2 Translation problems

4 posts in this topic

hi, I read many topics here about how to translate dms2, I download skeleton theme, the .po & .mo files for Spanish, I change the wp-config.php file but the site isen't translated. Please help.

Where did you get the .po and .mo files from and can you provide a screenshot of what your site actually looks like so we can see if anything has been translated.

Danny, now the dms is translated, the front and the back, but  the ibox is still in english. I think the ibox is not prepared to be translated so have to change the php on my own. This is right? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• How can I Translate the "read more" in the loop?
      By DonRicardoRVM
      First of all, sorry for my bad english.
      I have a problem that I never could solve: I can´t translate the words "READ MORE" in the loop. Where must I translate them?
    • Translate Content on Scroll
      By thwarted
      Folks,   We're adding the finishing touches to an iBlogPro v1.2 site and have come up against a small issue with the Translate Content on Scroll style for Canvas Areas:   [Canvas Area] > Area Styling > Scrolling effects and sizing > Translate Content on Scroll   It creates a pleasingly modern appearance BUT when the browser is windowed and set wider than it is tall, the parallax effect causes the Canvas contents to fade and become obscured by the next object down the page moving up when you start scrolling. Even when the browser window is made taller, the object below begins its transition up the page far too early, leaving the bottom part of the Canvas always obscured and never visible.   I was wondering if this effect had any UI properties or other configuration? I don't mind editing the code that makes it work, but would rather have some pointers from you guys first.   (Incidentally I have no way of knowing precisely what version of DMS I'm using. Is there an 'about' page detailing everything I have installed? I've seen plenty of references to DMS 2 but the only version I can find by looking at the theme entry is iBlogPro v1.2.)
    • Child-theme translation issues
      By ketri+
      I'm having two problems with my translations. I've shown them in this video:
      1. When I click edit from any element on page, it's very slow and laggy. If I remove the translations from the themes it then works normally. Why does translation affect this?
      2. My site is using the translation files from the DMS parent theme. The translations in my child theme (western-spirit) only work if I delete the translations from the DMS parent theme. I tried different functions in my child-theme to make it load the translations from there but they didn't work. I tried these:
      function my_child_theme_setup() {load_child_theme_textdomain( 'Western Spirit', get_stylesheet_directory() . '/languages' ); } add_action( 'after_setup_theme', 'my_child_theme_setup' ); and 
      load_theme_textdomain( 'dms', get_stylesheet_directory() . '/languages' ); I also noticed than in these functions for example here always have /languges but DMS-theme has /language without the "s".
      So I want to edit my site without the weird lagginess that appears when I have translations and I want to use the latest translations from Transifex on my child-theme so my translations won't disappear when I update DMS
    • 404 page and blog - cannot translate to other language
      By selmakdesign
      My website is in Swedish and I've installed the Swedish WordPress version so all frontend text should already be in Swedish, except it's not. What I'm referring to is the text on the 404 page, the search button, read more button, blog text and some email templates (some of the blog text is in Swedish while some in English!).

So I've tried your translation tutorial, I've used the Pagelines customizer plugin and typed in stuff manually and added via ftp. But first of all, not everything is included in these language files, and second it's not translated a thing.
      So how to I translate these bits to Swedish??
    • editor translate
      By dmftuva
      im new in pagelines, and sorry for my bad english..
      i need to translate all of editor's php files (in dms/editor/ folder), but not all lines contain __() funcs
      for example editor.sections.php, line 425: 'name' => '3 Columns',
      if i change lines like this on 'name' => __('3 Columns', 'pagelines' ), with next update this changes was removed... :(
      when are you planned change all this lines to with __()?
      or may i help with this work?
      How often are updates? (every 1 month, 3 monthes, every week?)
      and i may help with russian translate.