Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Troy

Make Background Image Fixed On Mobiles?

Troy

I would like to make my Background image Fixed.

I set it to fixed in Site Settings > Color & BG.

This works fine on desktop monitor - but not on mobiles, where the image scrolls. This means that when the image scrolls to it's bottom, you see the white page underneath.

Is there anything I can do?

Here's the example page: www.luon.co.za/me

Thanks for your responses.

Danny

Hi,

You will want to use the Fit to page option in the DMS options.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Troy

Hi Danny, thanks for your response.

By "supersize option" do you mean the "fit image to page" option?

I did set that - and that creates another problem. You know when you browse on mobiles - when you first scroll up on a page - the url bar is scrolled off page. Well while that is happening it creates a white area at the bottom of the window, equal in size to the url bar that's just been scrolled off. It does resize itself after that - but that initial problem, looks very unprofessional. 

You can have a look with a mobile at: www.luon.co.za/me 

Thanks for your time.

Danny

Can you take screenshots of what you mean please.

Troy

Hi Danny, here is the attached screenshot. Thanks

[attachment=2252:ss.jpg]

Danny

I'm going to have to report this to our developers, as it could be a bug, but it could also be working as intended. As when that address bar disappears, the script will need to resize your image again due to the address bar missing.

Troy

Thanks Danny

As I said - it does end up correct - it's just that the in-between bit doesn't have a very professional look/feel. 

Troy

Is there any way to make the white bar that appears on a mobile when scrolling (see screen shot above) to be another colour other than white?

I thought maybe "Site Settings > Color & BG > Background Base Color" would change this but it doesn't.

If I could match it to a colour closer to my background image - I would be a lot happier.

Here is an example of a site (on mobile) that also makes the "scrolling bar", but the colour is better matched at least: www.bronwynsherman.com 

Thanks for your help

greenfly

is this still an issue or did you manage to resolve this. I cannot see this in situ on your site? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Troy

Hi Martin

Thanks for your reply. You could not see the problem because I took the "fit image to page" setting for the background off (to stop the white bar for the mean-time).  

I have put "fit image to page" back on now - so that you can see the problem.

As I said above - I would be happy if I could find a way to make the white bar another colour (more similar to the background image colours).

Thanks again for your time.