Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ollyoxnfree

RevSlider Text Caption Alignment

ollyoxnfree

I'm wondering if anyone has a css solution to adjust the left alignment of the text box or caption in the full width revslider.

My code:

DMS LESS Fallback:

.text-white { color: black; }
.my-class { background: rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.55); }
.my-class-two { padding: 20px; }

Slide Extra Elements:

<div class="caption sft my-class my-class-two" data-easing="easeOutBack" data-start="1000" data-speed="200" data-y="100" data-x="5">
 <h2 class="text-white">Find the therapy resources<br>you want and your clients need.</span></h2>
 <h4 class="text-white">PsychLoop is a smart and easy to use directory of<br> local resources for Mental Health Professionals.<br> Plus a listing of referrals for your clients. </span></h4>
</div>

I can adjust the vertical alignment by changing the data-y="100" value, but changing the data-x="5" value has no effect on the horizontal alignment.

How would I set the left alignment of the revslider text to 25px? I can find the left padding value using firebug (209.5px), but I don't know how to target it. Did a bunch of trial and error but I'm out of ideas. Does anyone have a suggestion?

Thanks,

Brian

www.psychloop.com

DMS 2's RevSlider has an alignment drop-down option. Are you using DMS 2?

ollyoxnfree

Thanks CliffordP,

I've hesitated going to DMS2 because I was afraid of losing some source file modifications I had to make. But I went ahead and made the switch.

I see the alignment drop-down option - but I'm looking for more customization. I'd like to specify exactly how far from the left and top the caption appears. I can adjust the vertical position from the top, just not the horizontal alignment from the left.

-B

DMS 2 is the way to go.

Make sure you're using a child theme for customizations.

jmad

CliffordP

Just curious what type of customizations do you think are necessary to place in child themes?  I'm asking because section modifications completed in options seem to carry through updates nicely and css in the custom css area hasn't disappeared in updates at least not to my experience (although I do keep a copy just in case).  I assume you are talking about more complicated customizations such as PHP or core type of changes?

I'm wanting to make sure the way I'm using DMS2 is the best (most reliable) way.

Sounds like you understand it properly. I assumed from your initial post that you had made some customizations by editing the parent theme files directly.

ollyoxnfree

Figured out a solution:

Remove: 

<div class="caption sft my-class my-class-two" data-easing="easeOutBack" data-start="1000" data-speed="200" data-y="100" data-x="5">

Replace:

<div class="caption sft my-class my-class-two" data-easing="easeOutBack" data-start="1000" data-speed="200" style="-webkit-transition: all 0s ease 0s; transition: all 0s ease 0s; min-height: 0px; min-width: 0px; line-height: 21px; border-width: 0px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px; letter-spacing: 0px; font-size: 14px; left: 25px; top: 50px; visibility: visible; opacity: 1; -webkit-transform: none;">

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Where did you make that change, in the RevSlider section.php file?

ollyoxnfree

I added the code to the Slide Extra Elements through the DMS Editor (RevSlider individual slide options).