Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Keith Vaugh

Nav bar with logo centred? - Is it possible

Keith Vaugh+    14
Keith Vaugh

Hi all 

Considering something for a new site and need to see if anyone could point me in the right direction.

Imagine I have six buttons in my nav bar. I what the logo to appear in the centre i.e. three buttons either side. Also I would like as the page scrolls that the navbar sticks to the top with a smaller (possibly different) logo still centred. 

Anyone familiar with Scroll Header Pro or Scroll Nav DMS sections by bestrag  know if they might do the trick?

Thanks

Keith

Why not just use MediaBox on top of NavBar or SimpleNav or Navi? DMS 2 has a fixed area. Just put those 2 sections (image and nav) in the fixed top section.

Keith Vaugh+    14
Keith Vaugh

Not exactly what I want. I need the logo in the centre of the navbar. Imagine three columns, the left column would have three buttons, the certre the logo and the right column the the other three buttons. The Buttons would also be aligned vertically centred! 

No need to use exclamation point...
Consider creating 2 menus in wp-admin, then using 3 columns in fixed area, SimpleNav on left, image in middle col, SimpleNav on right.

Keith Vaugh+    14
Keith Vaugh

No disrespect ment. Punctuation was never my strongest area.  

Can you split the menu's like that? Have come across this URL which has a CSS method. http://stanislav.it/how-to-center-a-logo-in-unordered-list-navigation-using-css3-nth-child-selector/

Haven't tried implement it yet, still trying to get my head around DMS.

You could create LESS/CSS code for a class like .navmiddlelogo and then have a single menu in wp-admin and add the navmiddlelogo class to the 4th menu item (use Screen Options in wp-admin's Menu page).

Danny    1,327
Danny

You can try doing what I wrote here - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/32656-centering-fixed-navbar-logo-and-menu-also-resizing-logo/

Its probably the simplest method without get your hands dirty. Whether or not you can do this in the sections you mentioned above, I can't tell you, as I have never used them.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Keith Vaugh+    14
Keith Vaugh

Thanks CliffordP for your suggestions. Makes some sense. 

Danny thank you for the link. That didn't turn up when I did the search earlier but appears to the very close to what I want. I guess I'll be doing some messing with code over the next few days. 

Will let you both know how I get on. 

Keith

• Like 1

Danny    1,327
Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• bnapoli
      By bnapoli+
      http://731.34b.myftpupload.com/ this website is using the NavPro navigation in Platform 5. It has a lot of menu items, so it breaks to two lines when the window is sized down. What is the media query to make the navigation either a) switch to "mobile mode" at a higher width, or b ) expand the nav into two lines. Thanks
    • Grant Turck
      By Grant Turck+
      Navbar Broken on All Devices When Not Logged Into Wordpress. See screenshots attached from mobile. What is causing this issue and how do I fix? Site is venicepride [dot] org.

• flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      Hello,
      I have an older site that was built using PageLines several years ago (prior to the release of DMS). I wanted to leverage some of the power of your new PL5 plugin but the theme prevents be from adding any generated custom sidebars to the theme (through the drag and drop interface) and does not allow me to add any PL5 sections/containers/etc to the header or footer. Is there any way to easily override that or am I stuck only using PL5 in the content areas of the site?
      Thanks so much for the help!
    • nadielp
      By nadielp+
      Hi Everyone,
      I am trying to get a single navigation item to center. I am using a scroll menu in the navigation component of Impulse. I would like to have the item in the center of the page but it defaults right. I tried setting the item to center a few different ways and nothing is working. I added {
        display: inline-block;
        position: relative;
        text-align: center;
      }
      but that didn't work...any help would be appreciated. Site is at http://vetpaw.org/new

Thanks!
      Daniel
    • JP
      By JP+
      Hello,
      How can you set the translations with platform5, the parts that are not in pages or posts? Texts and images…