Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

erin-wsk

Pagelines upload folder 14g

erin-wsk

I have DMS 2 running on a few sites and this is the first time I've encountered this. The folder that houses the compressed css file is 14g (out of the 19g that the site has total.) Any reason it would be like this/is it safe to delete items out of this folder?

Simon
14G ??? Are you sure?

erin-wsk

Yeah, I'm sure (and was just as shocked, if not more)- I have a person working on optimizing a site and brought this to my attention. The even more odd part is that it's continuing to update- there are files in there as recent as a few minutes ago and yet no updates/changes have been made to the site for days. Here's a sample of the folder: https://www.dropbox.com/s/awzlkdyszikp29r/Screenshot%202014-06-14%2013.33.23.png

erin-wsk

Also, is it possible this could be a permissions issue? It's almost as if it's trying to compile for every request to the page (there's over 200,000 files in this folder and the site was just taken live last Monday....)

Simon
What's the URL?

Simon
Can you PM me an admin login please, pretty sure it must be permissions. The css file is being written ok, but something else is preventing DMS from checking the file is there.

erin-wsk

I wanted to post back on here given I haven't heard back from the private message yet and this was a problem that really needed to be tackled sooner rather than later (considering the folder size continues to grow by the minute.) After deleting all the files and changing folder permissions through trials, we've still yet to find a solution and the file continues to create new. What we're leaning towards is that the hosting company runs chroot on shared hosting causing confusion in the file paths which is the only thing we can think of that would be causing this issue. We're in the process of transferring the site to a VPS (something we were already planning on doing) but any ideas would be greatly appreciated. 

Danny

I honestly can't see the uploads folder being 14g, that is rather insane. The only conclusion would be your current host has some sort of weird setup, seeing as you were using shared hosting. Can you let us know, if you experience the same issue when you have completed the transfer to your VPS please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Simon
I'll be having a look later today, I wasn't home yesterday so didn't get the PM. No interweb at my gf's house, not even 3g ;)

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?