Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

seattle5021209

Can DMS be edited with Safari or Firefox?

seattle5021209    0
seattle5021209

I do not use Google Chrome, therefore I have been postponing buying DMS until I am able to use Safari or Firefox.

Are there any plans for DMS to be able to be edited using Safari or Firefox?

Thank you.

Simon    247
Simon
There are many plugins that can change your browsers ident string allowing you to use ANY browser.

I think you can even change safari ident in its developer tools.

Chrome has a far better javascript engine.

seattle5021209    0
seattle5021209

Thank you for your helpful response. 

Perhaps in the future DMS will run natively on Safari and Firefox.

Best.

seattle5021209    0
seattle5021209

Dear Simon_P,

Thank you again for your helpful response.  

I wanted to add that on Safari you can activate the "Develop" menu under preferences.  After that, it is just a matter of choosing "User Agent" and choosing the browser identity one wishes Safari to be.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Yeah you can as you mentioned above in Safari. However, I am not sure this can be done in FF, IE or Opera without the use of plugins/extensions. However, not sure why you would really want to use any other browser Chrome > All! ;)

Please search our forums, before posting!

I too wish other browsers were enabled by default. Chrome used to be leaps and bounds ahead of other browsers for processing JS, and now I believe they're comparable. Dare I say even newer versions of IE can be surprisingly good.

• Similar Content

• bnapoli
      By bnapoli+
      On my site www.modishmel.com I'm seeing the "blog post title" within the "pins" plugin section breaking words into multiple lines. See screenshot attached.
      Only seeing it in Firefox. Can you help?

• novusweb
      By novusweb+
      We're seeing an abnormal break in widgets in Safari (El Capitan v10.11.4). 3 Widgets set for 4 of 12 columns each breaks correctly in Chrome and Firefox, but the 3rd widget goes to another line in Safari.
      Screenshot attached.
      Hoping there's a CSS fix you could recommend in the meantime, until an update. You can see this on our home page: www.novusweb.com.
    • ppotent
      By ppotent
      It seems that whenever media is set to be on the left, there is a problem with the way safari displays them. I used to have boxes with media on left when i was using DMS2, but since PL5, I've had to use only media on top. I know there are a few css suggestions that people have offered, but I'm wondering if such suggestions can't be built into the boxes code for PL5 rather than having to add extra CSS. Otherwise, am really liking PL5 over DMS2.

• ketri
      By ketri
      Hi,

I noticed that PL5 uses flexbox for it's responsive grid. I think this is awesome. 
      But now there's a project coming in where I know I'll have to support older crappier browsers as well. Any thoughts on this? Should I only use PL5 for project where we're focused on modern browsers? Or should I use custom CSS to insert a float-based fallback grid..? 

Thanks!
    • abuzzelli
      By abuzzelli+
      Strange issue popped up...this site's header http://pattimhall.com looks right in all browsers except firefox. This is what it should look like:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49uWjV65L5RTGdHSFdsbzBDbTg/view?usp=sharing
      This is what it looks like instead:
      https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B49uWjV65L5RVTVLbnA5aUowWDQ/view?usp=sharing
      Any idea what's going on here?