DMS 2 Search result page layout

4 posts in this topic

Hi Pagelines Support,

I have a problem, that makes me really nervous. 
I tried to format the search results page and DMS has changed parts of the page layouts - without that I have updated or saved.

See index-page before and after (attached file)

Please give me a tip on how the layout of the search results page can be adjusted. The way I have intuitively chosen does not work (was in the editing mode in DMS, started a search and edited the search result page).

Thank you in advance 

WP-Version: 3.9.1
DMS-Version: 2.1

If you want to edit the search results page, then you simply do a search and then configure that template and click publish. I have just this moment added a Masthead section to a search results page configured it so that it says Search Results and added some inline styling for testing purposes.

The only difference I can see from your attached pdf is that your navigation has changed. This didn't happen for me, although I only changed sections in the Template area. You can not have different sections on a page by page basis in the Header or Footer Template Areas, as these are global areas. This means that if you make a change to the Header or Footer on one page, it will take effect on all pages, as they're global areas.

Thank you Danny, for your feedback.

We closed our project without customizing the Search Result Page because DMS crashed round about every 15 minutes.

I thought, it is a problem with the WP Installation or the Provider but it wasn't.

Now we startet a new project based on DMS and we have the same problems, that DMS crashes and all settings and designs are away.

I loved the Pagelines Framework but DMS is like a horror trip.

Please give me a hint, what we can do to get DMS running stable and reliable.

By the way – the new project is

Thank you in advance 

If you can create a new topic with the required information presented when you create the post we can look at your setup and help. 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Local Page Layout Overrides Other Pages
      By aldisney+
      I'm having some trouble understanding how to use the Page Layouts; I want to create a single landing page which does not include navigation or any content from other pages. However, whenever I use the Landing Page template (which is not attached to any other page in the site), and I set the Page Setup to Local, all of the changes I make to the navigation, header, footer, etc., continue to propagate throughout the entire rest of the site. What am I doing wrong? I've already now wasted hours having to rebuild areas for the rest of the site, so I'm a little hesitant to make any more changes.
      On a side note, this area of PageLines really could use some work, both in terms of documentation and in terms of UI/UX. It's a pretty reasonable assumption for a user to make to create a new template, set it to Local, and expect that those changes would not impact the rest of the site. 
    • Layout lines up on Desktop and Tableet
      By burkeproperties
      I am trying to make our home page line up on a desktop view and tablet view. On the my monitor everything is lined up but as soon as I zoom in or transfer to a tablet everything is not lined up. What is some css or html I can add the site so that everything auto scales to the screen size. The link to the home page .
    • Can't create distinct type of page layout
      By hrachovec
      I'm trying to create a type of page layout and I'm not sure how to go about it. Hopefully you could shed some light on this. 
      I have a website with a Case Studies section. Example of a Case Study page here:
      This is almost exactly what I want but the current problems are:
      At the bottom the Masonic Gallery shows ALL other pages and posts. I just want it to show other Case Study pages only (i.e., no Blog posts). Should I be setting this Case Study content up as WP Posts instead of WP Pages and then use some sort of category filter in the Masonic Gallery? I tried making a Case Study as a WP Post, but that made my Blog entries change their layouts to look like Case Studies, which I didn't want.  If I click on another Case Study page (, the RevSlider at the top is still from the previous Case Study. How do I make a RevSlider unique to a page and not part of an overall template?  Any help would be welcome, I've been prodding this for hours now. 
      Cheers, Russell
    • Using Layers in Pagelines DMS
      By james3
      I am a new user of Pagelines DMS, and comparatively new to WP, so apologies for any ignorance in the question.
      After building several sites with other themes, I am trying to find a framework that provides the layout and design flexibility I am looking for.
      Website URL: private right now, not required for my question.
      Framework Version:
      WordPress Version: 3.9.1
      Plugins in Use: Easy Pie Maintenance Mode, Simple Page Ordering
      Server/Host: GoDaddy
      Screenshots: n/a
      I am trying to do layers. From what I understand of the Sections and Components use right now, I cannot do overlapping layers. For example, I would like to place a Text component box on top of a Media box or other Component.
      Is there a way to do this?
      Before investing more time and possibly money into paid versions of Pagelines, I want to use it more to see if I can achieve the types of designs I am interested in doing.
      I am not a coder, but relatively comfortable with small CSS modifications or HTML, and cut and paste modifications to PHP (which I don't really understand, but can follow instructions to modify if they are clear).
      Any help is appreciated.
    • Page Layout
      By dchetson+
      My website is and I am trying to create a layout like this site:, namely that the left sidebar is flush with the nav bar, and then there's a picture to the right and then content and the right sidebar just underneath the picture.
      Struggling to do this as it seems you can't have a column within a column?
      Thanks in advance for the help.