Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

josh1178

Add certain Navi menu items on left side container (like site logo) only

josh1178

I have certain menu items I would like to be in the left side container (main logo, pages, etc.) and some secondary menu items I'd like to be on the right (login, cart, search). 

Is there a simple way to do this? I couldn't figure it out. I can move the entire section left with this code: 

.section-navi .navi-right {
    float: left;
}

But I just want to move certain items in the section, for example menu-item-19

Thanks!

Danny

Hi,

I am not sure this is possible without extensive CSS, if you provide a link I will give it a go for you, but I can't promise anything.

Please search our forums, before posting!

josh1178

Unfortunately I don't have a live site. This is a pretty common thing for e-commerce sites and would probably be a good option to include. Many times  you find sites whose main shop nav (products, blog, support) is on the left while the secondary account/cart/search stuff is on the right. 

If I find a solution I'll post it here. Otherwise it will have to wait. Thanks!

Danny

It can be achieved, but it will require extensive CSS, for example:

You will need to increase the divs width that houses the <ul> (menu) and then target each <li> (menu item), with the ID or class, I would go with the class and then assign the float property and then choose left or right value depending on which menu item you want to float left or right. Also, by doing so, it may screw with the order of the menu items too.

Another alternative, would be for you to use multiple MediaBoxes and use HTML and CSS, one for your logo image, one for your menu on the left and one for your menu on the right. Doing it this way would be a lot simpler in my opinion. However, you won't have a mobile menu using this method.

Please search our forums, before posting!

josh1178

I wasn't able to get the css going, but I'm bumping this back up because the new pagelines site seems to do just what I was looking for.  

Is that a new section called PLBigNav or also done with custom css? 

Simon

I wasn't able to get the css going, but I'm bumping this back up because the new pagelines site seems to do just what I was looking for.  

Is that a new section called PLBigNav [/size]or also done with custom css?

Its a new custom section designed for PageLines site. It will probably end up as a club extension.

josh1178

Very cool. Would be great.