Sign in to follow this  
kelbycarr

Alignment with Buddypress

kelbycarr

Hello. I am using PlatformPro (not child theme, which I cannot get to work per another post here in forum). Anyway, I ran the Buddypress Template Pack. I had seen in your docs re: Buddypress this instruction: APPEARANCE > BP COMPATIBILITY: Go through the steps to add template files and configure markup. (We??™ve done this stuff for you so all you have to do is progress through each step and click ???Finish??? So I just clicked through and hit finish. But now I do have alignment issues, and I'm afraid I just have no idea which code to alter to fix them. My site is still being built (not public) and is still a mess, so I am leaving the alignment issues up for you to see. See the Members and Links sidebars and you will see they pull in images and seem to left align even the next entry, which then messes up the alignment. http://typeaparent.com

julesmoretti

Its not you. I am having exactly the same problem. Note that you will find hyperlinks to your forum on the BP compatibility tab. Even though we installed it properly using their documents it would seem that they dont really have an easy way to set the forum to look just like the demo. Read up on my post also: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=3548&replies=13#post-18643 I really hope that they just write down for now the steps they took to achieve this look however complicated it is.

nett-ed

Hmm well I looked through it and figured a clear left was needed somewhere. Try adding this in the Custom CSS field of the PlatformPro settings page PlatformPro >> Settings >> Custom Code

ul.item-list div.item-avatar { clear: left; }

Hopefully that helps.

kelbycarr

Thanks Eduardo.. that fixed the one sidebar, and I'll have to figure out how to do that for Links too.

kelbycarr

Hello. I had some server trouble, sorry about that. Yes, still having the issues. The different links run together. The image size is also huge (doesn't seem to be resizing to a thumb). I took a link down that had a large image and I do know this is likely an issue with the plugin, but I got no response over at Buddypress Links forum and thought you might have an idea how I can fix the image size as well. If not, just getting the links to line up properly would be great.

catrina

Is the image you're referring to the "My Little Pony" image in the Links widget on the right?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

kelbycarr

Yeah... if you notice each link (there are two) is running together instead of a new link going to a new line. And the My Little Pony image is kind of large, but I pulled in an image that was 400px with a link and it showed full sized instead of being a thumbnail at all.

catrina

Ah, okay. If you'd like to resize that image, add this code to the Custom CSS box in your settings:

img.avatar {width: 100px;}

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kelbycarr

Thanks so much! That did the trick! Do you know what code I can add to make it start each link on a new line by chance?

catrina

Hello, From what I see (on Firefox), the link is already starting on a new line. Is this not the case for you?

Designer | Catrina Dulay

kelbycarr

Nope... and shoot, that fix didn't work because it set all avatars (profile pics, etc.) at that width and made those images look distorted. Ugh. Don't suppose there is a way to only make links thumbs that size?

cmunns

You could make it this `#sidebar1 img.avatar {width: 100px;}`