Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

josh1178

Where is the most current documentation?

josh1178    10
josh1178

So far I've found this (via google search, not from a link on your site):

http://docs.pagelines.com/

I've also found the Scribd Pagelines 2 doc, but it seems to be a basic guide.

Is the doc.pagelines.com information up-to-date?

It seems to have more detail, but it's unclear if it's up-to-date info. I'd suggest dating the documentation so people know what's current.  Is there a PDF version of this documentation? I'd like to be able to download, read offline and search it too like the Scribd doc. 

Lastly, in my opinion the DOCS should be available using via the SUPPORT area in your nav menu on the main site.

batman    389
batman

No problem josh1178, I´m glad to help you in one at least

:)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

• Similar Content

• tdiaz
      By tdiaz+
      When are the docs pages going to refilled? 
      ..and will the content they have replaced be made available somewhere else?
      A bit too far into a DMS2 project to drop it for Platform 5,  but it certainly gives the impression it will be a lot more of a peppy, positive experience, so I'll shoot for that as the second rollout of the site, but until then- the inbuilt links to content (Docs, sections, answers..) in DMS 2 are either 404 or empty. Perhaps a revision that redirects those pages to the old content so it's available where it's needed and not on the current site / product offering where it would could cause confusion and such.
      I will say, I got into Pagelines because my interpretation of it was that it combines the easy (better) parts of NationBuilder, Webly, et al- and allows one to still have ultimate control, where with the aforementioned platforms, you are basically .. SOL. 

-BUT- it took a while for exactly what was going on, what all the pieces were, and what exactly the product really was, to click with me. 
      I might add that, it was looking at the Platform 5 preview that it all started to make sense. Because Platform 5 is not a huge clusterfudge of a pile of stuff that is all essentially the same thing.
      I wanted a theme, (WHP), then I saw the options, "oh, well if I get this, then I have 'more'" as the lineup gave me the impression that I can get "the theme" -or- I can get the theme and the framework, along with the PSDs and similarly related assets. 

Platform 5 doesn't do any of that at all, but rather say "Here I am, this is going to be great!, Let's go!"

• Danny
      By Danny
      Hello, everyone.

As you're aware, I am in the process of writing the documentation for the Platform plugin as well as creating introduction videos for all sections.

Although this is a rough draft of the video, it should give you some idea as to what to expect from them. Please check it out on the link below, please do not share the video, as it is a draft and contains some mistakes.

Another idea for the section docs after they're finished was to add the following:

A reference to the shortcode that generates the section, so you can quickly see the shortcode that generates that section. Like so:
      [pl_section section="boxes" id="Unique ID"] Another idea was to include some of the sections classes, as a reference:
      .pl-sn-boxes .box-title .boxes-pad .boxes-media .boxes-icon Let me know what you think of these ideas and the video please.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDSxOGFQbE0
    • micstepl
      By micstepl+
      the logo sizing option is
      not expalined not logical
    • vytfla
      By vytfla
      I just inherited a site that is currently using a child theme of Platform Pro. Is there any sort of documentation to help me navigate the folders? It's not structured by what I am used to and there are a lot of files that I can't find or hooks that I have no idea where I can edit.
    • batman
      By batman
      I think it would be important to add in "links" in the forum besides Documentation theming Center PageLines Store also http://docs.pagelines.com :)