Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AaronS

NavBar and Ubermenu

AaronS    0
AaronS

I'm trying to get Ubermenu to work on my site and from what I've read its incompatible with NavBar. I can, however, get it to work with the Simple Nav, but that only shows up in the footer of my page (its disabled currently). I need help finding a solution that would allow Ubermenu to run as my main site navigation and haven't been able to figure it out. From what I can find online this will require me use Nav Classic, and I'm not sure if that's possible in Pagelines.

AaronS    0
AaronS

Alternatively, if I could get NavBar to allow 3 levels instead of 2, this would solve my problem. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Danny    1,327
Danny

HI,

Unfortunately, the NavBar only supports 2 levels and no more. To get UberMenu to work with PageLines Framework, if I remember correctly you have to enable an option or two in the UberMenu configuration options. For further assistance, I would recommend you contact the developer of the plugin.

Alternatively you could just upgrade to DMS and use the free UberMenu section in our store, developed by the UberMenu creator.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Grant Turck
      By Grant Turck+
      Navbar Broken on All Devices When Not Logged Into Wordpress. See screenshots attached from mobile. What is causing this issue and how do I fix? Site is venicepride [dot] org.

• SaschaM
      By SaschaM+
      hi
      i wanted to point out at this time, that i am very very very happy with platform 5. (before i used DMS and others) as some ppl talking here some things are not working, i can say the opposite working on my Web:
      1. UberMenu
      is running fine, without shortcodes or "tricks" necessary - it runs out of the box with no problems in a few clicks configured. also further ubermenu plugins 100%
      2. Shift Nav
      As a further extension of UberMenu - also runs fine out of the box with a few clicks. also combine with ubermenu no problem (Ubermenu for normal nav, shift nav for mobile)
      3. https / SSL

I user commodo instant ssl and everything runs fine (10 minutes installation) - no mixed content errors nothing everything very smooth :-). Google SERPS have been updated to https URLS wihtin 1 day(!)
      4. MaxCDN
      I use MaxCDN for sitespeed as i implemented also video backgrounds. it runs perfect with wp supercache
      5. Nginx
      I also run nginx on my webspace, also with that there a no problems with platform 5. I also use nginx streaming for video files, works perfect.
      For all points there a no functions codes necessary or implement shortcodes - it runs out of the box and makes it easy for everybody, whos a little firm in technical matters. Some guys here in the forum make it really complicated :-)
      I am working with pagelines around 5 years now, and platform 5 / framework 5 is the best tool ever
      BUT i am missing to configure site headlines h1-hx as in DMS possible easy way. It was a great way to make seo sitestructure. now there are lots of empty headlines or headlines or jumped over. in seo this causes errors in sites structure. this should be reworked.
      if you have any questions on pl5 with 1.-5. just ask me here....
      regs, 
      Sascha Mühlen

• PierreFF
      By PierreFF+
      Hello, 
      I have an issue with NavPro on mobile when the link of the menue is on the same page. 
      Here is my website: http://foundersofthefuture.co
      The isssue comes from the fact that in my menue most of the items send somewhere else on the same page using anchor link (eg. #container_u788888). 
      This works well on desktop but on mobile, nothing happens when clicking on the link. One of the link of the menue of the homepage "France" sends to another page of the website and this one works well even on mobile. 
      I am using the Pagelines framework theme and also used a wordpress plugin (jQuery Smooth Scroll) for smooth scrolling . 
      Thanks in advance for your help and let me know if I need to provide more information. 
      Best,
      Pierre
    • tristanrodgers
      By tristanrodgers+
      Hi there!
      I'd love to have some social media buttons in my navbar like my online-shop has!
      http://mc1r-magazine.com/
      Can someone explain me how to create them? I tried a lot but don't know how to realize them...
      Greetings from Germany,
      Tristan
    • jeomiland
      By jeomiland+
      Hi guys. Just now trying out Platform 5. I like the reletive simplcity of the new interface but there are things I'm used to in DMS that I'm not seeing yet in 5. Is there a good manual, documentation, video series about some of the basics?
      In particular, I've got a simple navigation menu, created the standard way in WP menus section with several top level parents, then 3-4 children menu items below a couple parent items. Have them moved to the right to create the standard parent-child relationship but all I see on the page is the parent level items - no dropdown!. So I changed themes from Platform5 to the standard 2015 default theme and now I see absolutely no menu at top, except for the mobile (hamburger?) icon.
      In DMS, one had Navi and Navbar, etc sections and each would work differently and give different results. How do you work the menu system in 5? And how get different results ?
      thanks