Sign in to follow this  
mandcadamsbigpondcom

Feature Boxes Position

mandcadamsbigpondcom

I'm wondering if there is any way to force the feature boxes below the content area on a specific page. I'd like the feature boxes on the following page to fall below the about us "Vred Voice is your number one...." content area: http://www.vredvoice.com/about Thanks for any help you can offer. Michelle

nett-ed

You could get some fine grain control over where boxes appear using the Template Setup in PlatforPro >> Settings >> Template Setup I think removing the features from the header template and instead working with the Default Page and the Single Post Page templates you can add the features above and below the content respectively. That will get you close to what you want where all individual posts have the features below the content. When editing a post you get the "Pagelines Section Control" panel which offers additional cofiguration to disable or hide the features from that specific post which I think would get you what you need.

cmunns

Why yes of course it is, but you will have to edit the template_page.php file, iBlogPro does not yet have the platform capability. The file i mentioned looks like this ` <?php if(pagelines('featureboxes', $post->ID) && VPRO) get_template_part('pro/template_fboxes');?>

<?php get_template_part('library/_posts');?>
<?php get_sidebar(); ?> ` I'm thinking changing to the code below would do the trick for this one page ` <?php if(pagelines('featureboxes', $post->ID) && VPRO && !is_page(279)) get_template_part('pro/template_fboxes');?>
<?php get_sidebar(); ?> <?php if(pagelines('featureboxes', $post->ID) && VPRO && is_page(279)) get_template_part('pro/template_fboxes');?> `

mandcadamsbigpondcom

Thanks so much for the replies. I'm a little concerned to go ahead with this before checking something with you first. The fact the existing code is slightly different to what you're showing above in the "...file should look like this" section worries me. It isn't exactly the same...will that matter if I delete it and simply paste in the code you suggest changing it to? The existing code is:

<?php if(pagelines('featureboxes', $post->ID) && VPRO) require(PRO.'/template_fboxes.php');?>
	<!-- Standard Page Code -->
	<div id="maincontent">
		<div id="content">

<?php require(THEME_LIB.'/_posts.php');?>

</div> <!-- end content -->
	</div>
	<?php get_sidebar(); ?>
	<!-- End Standard Page -->

I appreciate the help. Thanks Michelle

cmunns

It is slightly different, but only by one function and should still work regardless. Can you set this up on test server before going on with it on the live server.

mandcadamsbigpondcom

I've applied the suggested code and it's made no difference. Any other ideas?

cmunns

Hmm...so what does that current file look like now?

mandcadamsbigpondcom

The current code is what was suggested:

<?php if(pagelines('featureboxes', $post->ID) && VPRO && !is_page(279)) get_template_part('pro/template_fboxes');?>
	<div id="maincontent">
		<div id="content">

</div>
	<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

<?php if(pagelines('featureboxes', $post->ID) && VPRO && is_page(279)) get_template_part('pro/template_fboxes');?>

mandcadamsbigpondcom

Any other coding ideas?

mandcadamsbigpondcom

As per my comment above from two weeks ago: I've applied the suggested code and it's made no difference. Any other ideas? Any further help would be greatly appreciated.

Kate

@MRADAMS Unless I'm misunderstanding what needs to be done, I think @cmunns's code should work minus the first line. Leaving the first line in would cause the featured boxes to be in two places. Please try it without the first line and see if it works.

mandcadamsbigpondcom

Thanks for trying to help but it's still not making any difference to the page. Here is the current code:

<div id="maincontent">
		<div id="content">

</div>
	<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

<?php if(pagelines('featureboxes', $post->ID) && VPRO && is_page(279)) get_template_part('pro/template_fboxes');?>

And here is the page (id 279) where I want the boxes to sit below the content: http://www.vredvoice.com/about

bryan-hadaway

Let's try a CSS trick: ` .page-id-279 #content{margin-bottom:410px} .page-id-279 .fboxes{ position:absolute; margin-top:305px} ` Drop that in Custom Code > Custom CSS. Thanks, Bryan

mandcadamsbigpondcom

Thanks Bryan, we're much closer now. :) The boxes have indeed moved down which is great, they're a little wonky though. In Firefox they're off to the left slightly and in Chrome they're overlapping the content area and also off to the left. There seems to be a very small line/graphic on the left top corner of the boxes too. Not sure if there is anything else to add that might make this all sit right? http://www.vredvoice.com/about Thanks for everyone's attempts to help, much appreciated. Michelle

Kate

@MRADAMS Hmmm... Maybe try this instead:

#container{position:relative;}
	.page-id-279 .fboxes{
	margin-top:325px;margin-bottom:-315px;border:1px solid #dddddd;}
	#post-279{position:absolute;top:-300px;left:0px;border:1px solid #dddddd;}

Now, a word of caution: First, I only tried this in FF, so I'm not sure about Chrome. Second, there is a line in the middle of the footer, but it appears to be from an empty features box. Does that sound right? If so, maybe remove that and it should be good to go.... hopefully ;)

mandcadamsbigpondcom

No luck in Chrome Kate...it caused the boxes to move up quite a way and the footer columns were out of whack too. As far as that line, I don't know what it is. How it appeared originally was the feature boxes at the top, then a grey horizontal line below the boxes that spaned the width of the content area, and then the content area at the bottom. I could never work out why the grey line appeared. I think I'm about ready to admit defeat on this one and perhaps put it back to the boxes on the top; the perfectionist streak in me can't stand the wonky bits. :) Thanks to everyone for taking the time to try and sort it out for me though. Michelle

archel

hmm Did anyone ever solve this? I want to do the same but the solutions above don't really work. :) thanks in advance Steven

archel

I've entered this code:

<?php if(pagelines('featureboxes', $post->ID) && VPRO && is_page(4)) get_template_part('pro/template_fboxes');?>
	<div id="maincontent">

<div id="content">

<?php if(pagelines('featureboxes', $post->ID) && VPRO && is_page(13)) get_template_part('pro/template_fboxes');?>
	</div>

<?php get_sidebar(); ?>

As you can see in the following image, the boxes are at the right place (below), but they use the width of the page content so the 3 boxes are not next to eachother: blogimage.png Does someone know how to change the width so that the 3 boxes go next to eachother? thx :) Steven