Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

hibbsy78

Mobile Menu/Search Settings

hibbsy78+    24
hibbsy78

In 2.1, selecting the menu it automatically puts the cursor in the search tab and opens the keyboard. It would be much better to just display the menu and only open the keyboard if I tap in the search field...which it did in 2.0.

https://hibbslupustrust.org

GetMeWebDesign+    115
GetMeWebDesign

Mentioned before here. However you can hide the search using CSS  using display: none. There is a thread on here with the code but cant see it atm. Need to dash so will look later if it isnt posted up by another

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

• Similar Content

• kwaoru
      By kwaoru
      Hi,

I have been using DMS and pagelines.
      I am facing to a huge trouble with the appearance of one of my page on mobile (smart phones) built with pagelines.
      However I haven’t come to any solutions to organise either edit the appearance of mobile view to look neat or deactivate the responsive function. 
      Now it looks totally messy on the phone...

1. Is there any way to edit the appearance of the mobile version (responsive theme)?
      2. Is there any way to deactivate responsive function?

If I could receive support from you to go thorough this process I would be happy to be a pro member. 

Looking forward to hearing from you.
    • poseyg
      By poseyg+
      This just happened to a site I'm working on. When I decrease width of browser to check for responsiveness...the pagelines content section is not responding???
    • yemoonyah
      By yemoonyah+
      While building my website, I set a padding of 5%, 25%, 5%, 25% so the text on the pages is not too wide.
      However, it looks crappy on mobile.
      How do I get the same effect and still have it look good on mobile?
      Example: http://yemoonyah.com/quiz
      Thanks
    • John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hello, i'm working on a webshop, and got this code to really boost the search within WP. But when adding this code to functions.php the front end media library search flipped totally, and not working at all, any ideas what's the problem?
      function atom_search_where($where){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $where .= "OR (t.name LIKE '%".get_search_query()."%' AND {$wpdb->posts}.post_status = 'publish')"; return $where; } function atom_search_join($join){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $join .= "LEFT JOIN {$wpdb->term_relationships} tr ON {$wpdb->posts}.ID = tr.object_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->term_taxonomy} tt ON tt.term_taxonomy_id=tr.term_taxonomy_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->terms} t ON t.term_id = tt.term_id"; return $join; } function atom_search_groupby($groupby){ global $wpdb; // we need to group on post ID $groupby_id = "{$wpdb->posts}.ID"; if(!is_search() || strpos($groupby, $groupby_id) !== false) return $groupby; // groupby was empty, use ours if(!strlen(trim($groupby))) return $groupby_id; // wasn't empty, append ours return $groupby.", ".$groupby_id; } add_filter('posts_where','atom_search_where'); add_filter('posts_join', 'atom_search_join'); add_filter('posts_groupby', 'atom_search_groupby');  
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      HI,
      Search function doesn't seem to work. 
      When ever searching for something it redirect to the home page and add the search string to the url.
      For example searching for "cases" it would display https://queue-it.com/?s=cases
      Do you know how to solve that?