Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Aires

AFC (Advanced Custom Fields) and hooks

Aires

Hi,

I tried to figure this one out on my own but can’t seem to figure it out. I am working locally so there isn’t a site to point to (sorry). I recently switch from types to ACF (Advanced Custom fields) because I needed to customize with more detail.

The plan was to create the fields and use a hook to add the new fields (using the shortcodes) to the post (with the after content hook). But the fields are not showing up… also after a nap I then realized that even if it did work it would appear on every single post when I just want it on one post type.

Any input would greatly appreciated. 

Thanks

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Danny

Hi,

What is the code you have used, if the custom fields are not showing then the code is likely not correct.

Also, if you want to display a custom field on a specific post type, see here - http://blog.teamtreehouse.com/adding-custom-fields-to-a-custom-post-type-the-right-way

Please search our forums, before posting!

Aires

Thanks Danny I got it figured out and got it showing on the posts.

Still working on the custom post type part but you got me going in the right direction.

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!