Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

basmati

Store Products for PageLines Framework V2 - what about the future?

basmati

hi folks,

i can't find software updates for Pagelines Framework Version 2 (2.4.5) and the Accordion Section (Ellen Moore) within the launchpad https://www.pagelines.com/launchpad/member.php

its realy annoying - for month we have to search and hunt for the framework files and cant find them - a big 404 mess.

the support for pagelines framework is without any words :-( (nothing in personal guys - you are great - but the pagelines marketing sucks!)

I was a happy customer for several years - from the early PlatformPro days to Pagelines Framework V2.

But now i'll have to move to another sustainable framework solution -

I can't trust Pagelines any more - because i think in about two years pagelines - when inventing "supposed to be new revolutionary stuff" - i guess you'll drop support even for the DMS. Pagelines / DMS could be such a big deal - but by now its not a goog deal for people who want to work with a solid framework in a sustainable way.

please its urgent - i need the new version of accordions from ellen moore - the old version shows edit links without beeing logged in!!

Danny

Hi,

What version of accordions are you using, as I can't speak for Ellen personally, but as far as I am aware the accordion section for PageLines Framework is no longer maintained, but I could be wrong. If there is an update to accordions then it is likely only for DMS. I have mentioned ellenmva who developed the product and will be able to say whether there is an update or not, as I have no idea.

To say you can't trust us is a bit our of line in my opinion. PageLines Framework is still supported by our staff, but will no longer will receive new features. If a WordPress update breaks PageLines Framework, then it will receive an update, like it did a few weeks ago, as you can see by Simons topic here - http://forum.pagelines.com/topic/35078-pagelines-framework-update/

However, things move on, such as technology and that is why we do not stand still and develop new products such as DMS. The same thing happens in all aspects of life, are you saying that you don't trust Apple, because every year they release a new iPad/iPhone, Ferrari because the manufacture a new beast of a car ? Things get replaced, it is  a fact of life and I hope that in two or three years time we have a new even better product.

Please search our forums, before posting!

basmati

allright, thats what i mean.

things should be replaced in a sustainable way - for environment, materials, technologies, manpower and so on ... thats all there is to say.

have you ever heard about sustainability?

Danny

Not sure what you're trying to say. PageLines Framework is still supported and maintained, like the update Simon pushed early in May. Any PageLines customer new or old are free to use PageLines Framework and our staff are happy to provide support and answer any questions. So the product is sustainable i.e. maintained to a certain level. By that I mean, if a WordPress release causing an issue, it will be fixed. However, PageLines Framework will not receive any new features, as it is now considered legacy and therefore, is feature frozen.

In regards to the store products, as you're aware the store for PageLines Framework is no longer available, the reason for this is we would prefer all users to use DMS instead of PageLines Framework and our third party developers were focusing their attention to DMS and no longer PageLines Framework.

If you want to have access to all your previously purchased PageLines Framework extensions, then contact our helpdesk and they will be able to assist you. If you want to receive updates to third party store products for PageLines Framework then you will need to contact the developer.

TraverseCityWebDesign

The store for PlatformPro - which we are still using - as we have found it MUCH easier for us to devlop with than DMS seems to be working again. . . partially.

Does that mean you will be support PlatformPro again for all of that still love it.

Danny

HI,

There was never any store for Platform Pro? The first store we provided was for PageLines Framework and has no longer exists as our third party developers are focuses on DMS only.

PlatformPro has been discontinued and has been a legacy theme for over three years and will not receive any further update or development.