Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quintinm

How to change the hover color on links

quintinm

Hi, i am sure this is a silly question, but i have no idea how to specify the hover color on links in the pages.

The code is currently as follows:

a {
color: #33B3D3;
transition: color .2s linear,background .2s linear;
}

I tried to specify a:hover, but it didn't work.

Any ideas?

GetMeWebDesign

Try using !important to override

a:hover {

color: pink !important;

}

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

quintinm

GetMeWebDesign - fantastic, thank you.

I see that it also makes it a tine of the color i want and assume that is part of the code i originally provided.

How do i make it 100% of the color i want it to be?

Thanks again.

GetMeWebDesign

Sorry, not quite sure about making a tint of the colour you want... I am just leaving now, but guess that is an opacity thing. Probably set at 0.7, so change opacity: 1 !important. 

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

GetMeWebDesign

Did that do the trick?

quintinm

Yes it did, thank you :-)