Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jan070

IE Navigation showing as Mobile Navigation

jan070

Is there a way I can get my IE navigation to look like Google Chrome navigation?  IE is showing the mobile menu navigation bar --  www.maersklineemr.com is my site and I do not have any plugins or anything activated -- It looked fine for months but seems like the new update altered it but just for IE.

GetMeWebDesign

What IE are you using. Looks fine in 9,10, but there is a problem with IE8, where the page wouldnt load properly

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

jan070

I am using IE 9--My menu in IE is just a Menu button and when pressed the menu slides out from the slide--All my other browsers the menu is correct and shows fully at the top.  Is it reflecting correctly on your IE?

GetMeWebDesign

I was using IE emulator (F12 developer) and it showed the same, as in Chrome, for IE9, 10, Edge. I have my browsers current for the obvious reasons, but rarely use IE. I cant replicate what you are seeing. Have you viewed the site not logged in in IE, with InPrivate Browsing, to see if this is how others see your site?

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

jan070

That is very unusual.  The menus look vastly different for me though I use a company computer so maybe there is a setting checked that I am not aware of.  I'll check with an outside computer to see if the view is different.  I'll be able to update you on my findings though it may not be until tomorrow.  Thank you for your assistance in the meantime though.

Danny

jan070 - Any update to this ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

jan070

Yes it seems that we have users that are reporting the same issue in IE9.  I do not have the ability to see it in any later versions of IE though.  It looks perfect to others in all other browsers though IE is our industry standard for viewing.

The Menu looks like

MENU  with three - besides it.  I am unable to attach a photo.

GetMeWebDesign

jan070. Know what it looks like, but use this in future if you need to attach screenshots etc... Danny's great tip No #137 Jing http://www.techsmith.com/jing.html

Do you have, in Pagelines Pro > Browser Specific CSS > Enable CSS Classes > checked

jan070

Thanks I do have that box checked and I cleared the cache with no change.

GetMeWebDesign

I have a problem, as I can not replicate the issue. The code appears to be working fine in IE9, but maybe the moderators know if there is a javascript issue with IE 9. Havent seen any other threads reporting the same. Not much use, I know!

Dont have the virtual browser downloaded which is what I probably need to see the issue as the emulator is limited to an extent

Danny

We are going to need to see screenshots of the issue, as there shouldn't be any issue with IE9.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?