DMS 2 Featured image duplicating (almost) full size image

5 posts in this topic

Hey team, my noob mode is currently set to stun...

So with DMS 2 and the latest WP install I'm finding that when I post an image and set the featured image to the same it ends up almost duplicating the full size image when you view the post...

Appreciate this is a WordPress issue but is it just me or does it seem a little stoopid? In the olden days the featured image would be ikkle so no big deal, but now it's hoooge and kinda makes the post look a bit lame. I coild of course not use a featured image but then the post preview doesn't really have much of an attraction to it...

Any ideas how I might rework this?

Hi Barney

I´m a newbie too, specially in my English, sorry for this, If I understand you...

Please, you can go to the WP Content/Loop on Single Post and select the option "Hide Media"

The other way is use a CSS rules like 

.pl-new-loop .hentry.single-post .metamedia {
    display: none;}
But I believe that the first option is better
1 person likes this

Ah man that's great stuff, can't believe I missed that option for so long lol!! Went for option one :)

Thanks Batman :)

I am not sure I understand the issue ? Are you saying that when you add a Featured Image to a post it is displayed twice ?

Or are you saying that you want to add a Featured image but also include the image manually as well ? If that is the case, why add it manually ?

Danny, YES, featured image shows up twice. Once as the featured image, then again as a thumbnail. But if we click the button to hide thumbnail, it also takes away the thumbnails on the blog roll.

Like this:

What to do? 

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Pagelines crashed, how do I update?
      By David Lamoureux+
      Here's the site, but that's not what it's suppose to look like. I tried to log in but the theme was crashed. I then went into the DB and changed the theme to WP 2013. I assume that by updating the pagelines theme all will be well again. I've downloaded DMS 2.2, but I don't know how to install that. Please help. I need to communicate with the 100's of people who've signed up in the last week. Thanks. 
    • [Solved] DMS 2 theme not saving changes after publishing, keep getting errors
      By leeresources+
      I keep getting this error :
      Uncaught TypeError: Cannot use 'in' operator to search for 'length' in                                                  jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2
      r                                  @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2 m.extend.each            @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2 (anonymous function) @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=7ab9c7:283 m.extend.each            @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:2 (anonymous function) @ pl.optpanel.js?ver=7ab9c7:282 m.event.dispatch         @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4 m.event.add.r.handle  @ jquery.js?ver=1.11.3:4  
      I have looked at a lot of resolved issues on these forums and nothing has been able to work.
      My changes are not saved after i hit publish and refresh, all the changes I've made disappear. 
      Also i am not able to add backgrounds or any images to the entire site, Rivslider, Quickslider, etc.
    • Full width featured image
      By opwolken+
      I'm wondering if it's possible to apply the featured image to a page's canvas area?
      I would like to have the featured image in a canvas on the matching page.
    • Wordpress menus scrambled & disappear
      By JawDesigns+
      Hi everyone,
      I was hoping someone could help. Firstly all my websites are DMS and all hosted on Flywheel. Recently I have noticed that on my sites including fresh installs with only DMS and a few DMS sections the main wordpress menus are disappearing when I hover them in the dashboard. This looks really flakey and I am not sure why. I have tried disabling the plugins but this does not help me.
      Please see screen grab. Has anyone seen this?
      Thanks, James

• PageLines DMS2 - Changes Not Saving & Slow Loading.
      By Universal Web Design+
      We are currently working on several web projects using Pagelines DMS2 and are encountering endless issues with the platform on multiple servers.
      We cannot identify what the issue is, however, the last 3/4 weeks have been incredibly painful and between us we have achieved very little.
      We follow all of the standard best practices to identify and solve issues, although, none have been forthcoming. 
      The website hosting environments we use include:
      - Unlimited Web Hosting
      - Best Web Hosting
      - Best Web Hosting (VPS)
      - Host Gator
      Installing recent and the latest versions of PageLines DMS has not worked successfully. 
      We have tried:
      - Changing child themes
      - Not using a child theme
      - Uninstalling plugins
      - Not using plugins
      - Installing WordPress directly onto a domain
      - Installing WordPress directly onto a sub-domain
      - Trying and testing all and each of the servers
      - Upgrading from Reseller to VPS Hosting
      - Un-installing WordPress
      - Re-installing WordPress
      - Trying different child themes
      - Trying no child theme
      - Updating PageLines DMS
      Whatever we do, it does not seem to work, even though we have never encountered issues previously. We are now incorporating endless and constant issues.
      We look forward to any support / suggestions / options we have not thought of. 
      Thank-you for reading and in advance of any assistance.