Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

toddlo

Problems with menus, etc. in DMS 2.1

toddlo

Please take a look at the attached screenshot. Why are the menus going down the right instead of across the top? Also, notice there is no icon to shut off pagelines or go to the pagelines docs. What am I missing here?

greenfly

Please take a look at the attached screenshot. Why are the menus going down the right instead of across the top? Also, notice there is no icon to shut off pagelines or go to the pagelines docs. What am I missing here?

Please could you provide a link to your site?

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

toddlo

Link was provided. It seems I'm having problems with the navbar in multisite but not in a standalone site. Any thoughts?

Danny

Are you using any custom code or have any plugins installed ? If so can you remove all custom code and disable all active plugins and see if this resolves your issue please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

toddlo

I have the pagelines plugins installed. This is a fresh multisite install...

toddlo

There are no custom scripts either. Do you have problems with multisite in wpengine?

Danny

There should be no issues with Multisite. Can you provide a link to the site in question and make sure DMS debug mode is active please.

toddlo

I had provided the link two days ago. It really takes quite a long time to even get someone to look at an issue!

Simon

Can you PM me a login for the site, so i can see whats going on?

toddlo

You answer the multisite issue Danny but not the WPEngine issue...

toddlo

I sent you a message with the info, Simon...

Simon

Well thats the weirdest thing ive seen.

Are their any settings at all in the wpengine control panel, for optimizing etc, any htaccess code added? Anything custom at all?

The debug info shows you have pro tools activated but there is no plugins menu, is it network activated or hidden?

Simon

OK, from what I can tell, there is some CSS missing from the core CSS. Please download a fresh copy of DMS from your account area, extract it and reupload the files to your site into the /dms/ folder, making sure to overwrite any files.

toddlo

OK, I did everything you asked me to do yesterday Simon. Reloaded the theme and gave you access and no answer. At this point, I'm beginning to wonder if I can rely on Pagelines for mission critical clients...

Simon

Did you upload a fresh copy of the files from your account area?

Are there any settings in the WPE control area?

Is there any custom code in htaccess?

Yes you gave me a limited login for that site, I couldnt tell any of the above using that login.

What does reloaded the theme mean?

toddlo

Reloaded means I did this -- Did you upload a fresh copy of the files from your account area? I answered the other questions before in this thread. You now have super admin privileges. Anything else you need?

Simon

You almost certainly have a mix of old and new theme files in that dms folder. I opened one of the files and there is code from version 1.1.7 of DMS, also there are files there that are not even part of DMS.

1. Download a fresh copy of DMS 2.1
  2. Delete the themes/dms/ folder totally.
  3. Upload the contents of the zip you downloaded to a new themes/dms/ folder.
  4. DO NOT just rename the old dms folder, please delete it otherwise you will see 2 DMS themes.

toddlo

OK. I did all these thinks and the same issues exist. And you have super admin privileges. Again, the site is in my staging area at WPEngine: http://innovatus.staging.wpengine.com/. I need this resolved today, please...

Danny

As far as I can tell, your issue isn't caused by DMS, it is caused by how you have either installed DMS or you either have custom CSS effecting DMS and/or plugins causing the issue. Please disable all active plugins, remove all custom CSS/LESS you have added and enable DMS debug mode.

toddlo

Danny, did you even read this thread? I confirmed that this is a clean multisite install on WPEngine. Simon has full superadmin privs. 

toddlo

I have confirmed multiple times that I did these things you asked...

Simon

I checked again just now, the /dms/ theme folder has at least two versions of DMS in it. I can see remnants of DMS v1 and parts of DMS v2.

It looks to me like you are simply uploading the new version over the old version. This will never fix it. You have to totally empty that folder and upload a fresh copy.

Ive been checking the folder daily btw.

toddlo

OK, it seems to be working correctly. Apparently I just uploaded the dms parent folder instead of the dms folder inside. Is that possible? Can you please check this url and see that it looks correct? http://sandbox.innovatus.staging.wpengine.com/

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?