Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gboser

Canvas Area Background Issues

gboser

I purchased DMS2 yesterday and have been trying to customize a couple new sites. An issue I keep running into on multiple installs has to do with the Background Color Enable option in the settings. 

When I enable it and click on the background color box, the color picker pops up. And if I select a color using the picker, it saves fine. However, if I manually enter a color into the color box, it will not save.

I'm really hoping this is a bug. I understand that I can add custom CSS, but having to do so for any area that I want a custom color pretty much defeats the purpose of using something like DMS.

Is there something obvious I'm not doing properly?

GetMeWebDesign

gboser I see the issue. This is a bug, which the moderators should pick up when they see this. If you copy and paste a colour, the new hex code will not save and it reverts to whatever colour was there before (ie, if c1c1c1 and you replace with ffffff - makes no difference if capitalised, ie C1C1C1/FFFFFF). If you clear the current hex code and paste, you have this very strange result (copied from Notepad II or Notepad 

http://screencast.com/t/8We1QPhtPLrT

Double click the red squiggly underline and the pasted code will display, but it will not populate the colourpicker, in the manner it is populated when you manually enter the hex code

However, if you are able to manually enter the hex colur it, it does save (and populate the colourpicker), so until this is rectified, may I suggest that you manually enter the hex code rather than copy and paste.

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

GetMeWebDesign

gboser. If you are still struggling, you can add the background colour via Inline styling (under Standard options): background: #YOURCOLOR;

Danny. I still have the same issue, though I dont normally enter in that manner. However I did notice that pasting a hex code and then pressing the space bar and it worked (populated the colorpicker popup). Odd behaviour

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

gboser

Ok, just a little clarification...

The not saving for me happens when you add the hex color in the hex field on the actual color picker. At the time I was having the problem, my browser was running at 1024, which cause the color picker to completely cover the original entry field. 

Expanding the viewport allowed me to enter the color directly in the original field, but I still think the color picker hex value not saving is an issue.

GetMeWebDesign

See that problem. That is quite a small browser resolution nowadays, but shouldn't happen all the same

For Danny 1048 px resolution and 100% zoom http://screencast.com/t/EjeD2bpNrw

Danny

Not seeing any issue in copy/pasting a color value either - http://quick.as/oZP1UPWl

Not sure what I am looking at in that image GetMeWebDesign

If you're copying and pasting the code for a hex color and are including the # then that is likely going to cause you an issue, as the # is already included next to field.

Please search our forums, before posting!

GetMeWebDesign

In the screenshot it shows the colorpicker masking the box where you might just enter a hexcode manually, at that resolution. I could see that it might be possibly a problem for those developing on a small res screen, but only if tehy are having the problems teh OP has experienced, which i cant replicate

In the other screenshot, it is the red wiggly underscore you get under any incorrect spellings (which Hexcode is, of course). So when the hex code, excluding a # is pasted, that is what I see. An invisible incorrect spelling. However, if I then press the space bar, the code appears and will save

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?