Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ryan Logan

New Anchors Not Working

Ryan Logan

Hello all.  I added a new Anchor this morning and it doesn't work correct.  Meaning, each Anchor redirects to the Home Page of the website.  All of my previously created Anchors continue to work.  Any new Anchors do not.

Sites

• accuritpresence.com (Main Site)
  • ryanleelogan.com (Test Site)

Troubleshooting Steps

• Create new Anchors on different pages/sections and test (Fail)
  • Edit existing/working Anchor w/ newly-desired Anchor settings and test (Success)
  • Cleared IE, FF and Chrome caches.  Tested in all browsers.  (Fail)
  • Disabled all plugins and test (Fail)
  • Upgrade DMS Pro tools to latest version and test (Fail)
  • Upgraded from DMS 1.07 to 2.1 (Fail)
  • Created new, test Anchors on a completely different DMS website and test.  (Fail)

Anchor That I Can't Get To Work:  http://accuritpresence.com/#photography

Thanks in advance.

Ryan

Danny

Hi,

If they're not working then the code you're using isn't correct. I have viewed the page you linked above and I can not see any code that is used as an anchor ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

Ryan Logan

The code appears to be there.

Here is a visual of the non-working code.

Here is a visual of the working code.

Ryan Logan
Your screenshots do not match the links I submitted. The non-working Abchor is defined above "strategize", in a different canvas area, not the "strategize" media box.

As I do with accuritpresence.com/#procure or accuritpresence.com/#design, I should be able to enter accuritpresence.com/#photography and get to the defined Anchor point.

GetMeWebDesign

I can see the link (a href=#photgraphy), but where is the anchor? I cant find an anchor on the page. Where is that link supposed to be going to without an anchor on that page. I have tested with anchors that you have on the page, which of course work (from a test site i have). No surprise that photgraphy doesnt work, as old chum, there is no anchor on the page

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

Ryan Logan

Thank you GetMeWebDesign.  Your reply made sense to me and lead to me to find the issue.  My syntax for "Achoring" to a completely different page, was incorrect.

Appreciate the help!

GetMeWebDesign

@rlogan Not a problem... two sets of eyes are often better than one. If I am honest. I looked at this before Danny and couldnt see it, but thought I must be missing something so did not reply! ha ha

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

Danny

Your screenshots do not match the links I submitted. The non-working Abchor is defined above "strategize", in a different canvas area, not the "strategize" media box.

As I do with accuritpresence.com/#procure or accuritpresence.com/#design, I should be able to enter accuritpresence.com/#photography and get to the defined Anchor point.

Not sure what you mean the screenshots I posted do not match the links you submitted ? You misunderstood what I was trying to demonstrate, as I stated from my first response to your topic, your code clearly isn't valid if anchors are not working. The screenshots I posted were supposed to show you that there is no anchor code on your site or that page.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?