Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

thebrasseffect

PLNextbox content disappears and needs a refresh to restore

thebrasseffect

I'm having an issue with the PLNextbox where the content of the box tends to disappear for no reason. I'm going to include the link because for whatever reason I can't upload the photo - http://screencast.com/t/j62AS6vm0mj and here's what it looks like after a few f5 refreshes - http://screencast.com/t/voR6w7CM 

I'm on DMS 2.1 and I have the following plugins activated:

Add from server, Akismet, Better iBoxes, Classy, Contact Form7, Custom Sidebars, DMS Professional Tools, Duplicate Post, Enhanced Options Editor, Flowy, Flyp PL Section, Footer Extras DMS, Icon Font Shortcode, Jetpack, Pagelines Updater, PageTitle PL DMS Section, PLNextbox, Poppy, Search by Google, Shortcode Quicktags, Sidekick and Wordpress SEO.

I need to get this corrected as soon as possible so a resolution to this would be great

batman

HI thebrasseffect

I can not see the Web (404 Error)

Please, you can deactivate all your plugins and you see if the problem persists, specially Shortcode Quicktags, I have some problems with this.

;)

Life is too short to remove USB safely ...

thebrasseffect

I wanted to add a little more info, I'm receiving the same issues in "development" mode as well. What's interesting is that when the PLNextbox disappears from within the design, it disappears from the drag and drop options as well. I have to press f5 key to refresh the screen until the PLNextbox (and content) returns and afterwards, both PLNextbox drag and drop icons appear again (content and full width).

I've also disabled all but the essential plugins but to no avail. There is something wrong.

Danny

Hi,

I have not encountered this issue once, therefore it is likely to be a conflict caused one of your plugins. Disabling only a select few isn't really debugging your issues, you need to disable all active plugins.

Please search our forums, before posting!

thebrasseffect

Just wanted everyone to know that after spending more than 10 hours (on a large site) removing all of the PLNextbox sections, the site works as it should now. I ended up replacing them with the textbox section and the problem completely went away. 

Danny

What was you adding to the NextBox section, as sections don't just disappear or remove your content. If this is happening to you in a NextBox it has to be related to one of the following:

1. The code you were using in the NextBox was causing an error

2. The plugins you have installed are causing an error

3. Your server isn't configured correctly.

We are not trying to place the blame anywhere else, but I have used the NextBox with just plain old text, PHP code, HTML and shortcodes in multiple NextBoxes and not once has any of them disappeared or the content/code in the section been stripped.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • mno
      By mno+
      In DMS we used to have the section "PLNextBox"that was pretty handy for adding php code in different parts of the page. I used it a lot in global sections like the footer and header to detect what is the current language of the site and based on that output the right string.
      Is the embed section going to support php in the future? are you bringing PLNextBox to PL5? is there another way to work with multiple languages for the global footer and header sections?

• flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!