Add link in nav bar to front page

4 posts in this topic

Hi there

Sorry in advance for what must be a really obvious question...

On my site:

I have had a static frontpage for a long time. I have just switched to a blog roll style front page. When you open the page you get the front page and it looks good, but can I now add a tab to the nav bar which links to this page?

I used to have a 'Home' tab which linked to the static front page but now I can't work out how to have a 'Home' tab which links to the live front page...

You need to edit your menu in WP admin. Under pages, select and add the old 'static' page to the menu you are using for the navigation. For your new home tab, choose a links option rather than a page. Add your url for the Blog roll and add 'Home' for the Link Text. Add to your menu and save

Fantastic - thanks alot!!

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Remove or reduce margin (or padding) in header
      By richardjacruz+
      I'm building a site at:
      and I followed the instructions on building a "branding" area in the header:
      But, if you see the image I've attached, you'll see that there's a lot of space between the nav and the slider. Is this something I need to control with CSS in the Custom code section, or is there something else I can do that's part of the header section?

Actually, what would also be nice is if I could put a divider line there... like an orange or a light gray.
    • Header formatting
      By richardjacruz+
      I saw this website build with PageLines DMS:
      I want to have a header that's VERY similar. However, with the fixed area, I'm struggling with how to do that. 
      I want to have a "super menu" under one of the tabs, and drop downs for others, a larger logo to the left like this, a search all the way to the right, and a call-to-action at the top like we see with "Donate" (I want "Request a Quote").
      What area (fixed or header) is best to use for this, and, within that area, what are the best sections to place?
    • Hiding section issue
      By pehja+
      I wanted to hide navi section on my indexpage, because i have a second nav (Multi Menu) It works fine on
      my website. But on mobile devises it still shows. I tryed to use the standard options but then it is hidden on 
      all pages EXEPT index page. Is this a bug or just something that has been overseen or something that can
      be fixed. No I have not disabled all my plug ins.
    • Increasing the size of fixed navbar & contents (text & logo image)
      By emilyf+
      Hi there, 
      My site is  If this question has been answered before, please excuse me! I just haven't found someone else with my exact problem - or perhaps I am making the changes in the wrong place.
      I have been looking to increase the overall size of the fixed navbar and its contents. I want the menu text and the logo image to be about 1.5% bigger, and to remain vertically centered in the fixed navbar.
      I was able to increase the height of the fixed navbar by adding the following to my custom CSS (wordpress dashboard > Appearance > CSS stylesheet editor):
      section-navi .navi-wrap { height: 80px; }BUT, I am stumped as far as how to increase the font size of the menu, how to increase the size of the site logo, or how to keep it all vertically centered! As far as font size goes, I tried adding the following to my custom CSS, but nothing's happening.
      .navbar .navline > li > a { font-size: 20px !important; }  
      Your help is much appreciated!
    • Different NAVI section for landing page?
      By gdclarke
      Hi - I have an existing site up and running and would like to create a landing page that uses a different NAVI section than the rest of the site.  Is this possible without too much headache?
      I've created a special "my-landingpage" template, but it uses the sitewide NAVI.
      Thanks in advance for any help with this.