Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dewdrop

Copy/move Demo templates

Dewdrop

Hi

I've been using the free demo to learn the ropes and build a basic website. I'll be paying for the full version soon. Will I be able to move or copy all the templates I've created on the free demo site to my eventual paid for version?

thanks

Danny

Hi,

Yes you can, DMS includes a import and export feature via the DMS Toolbar, from there you can select all your templates and export them via a file. Which you can then import into the premium version of DMS.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Dewdrop

Hi

Thank you for the response!! I got so carried away that I made so much progress on the website and then wondered if I'd wasted my time?

Can I just use the free version on my live website? Then upgrade later? I'm not sure what the benefits of the premium version are

What do I do next? Download the exported file and upload on a hosting website that can handle Wordpress?

Sorry but I'm not sure and I'm loving the DMS.

thanks in advance.

Danny

To import your exported templates, go to DMS Toolbar > Site Settings > Import + Export and then on the right hand side you will see the Import options. Simply select the options you wish to import and then click on the SELECT CONFIG JSON FILE and locate your exported file.

https://cloudup.com/ctfxXH_ymJo

Also, you're free to use the free version of DMS for as long as you like and can upgrade at any time. In regards to the difference between the free and pro version, you're missing our on the following (just to name a few):

* A large portion of sections such as Docker, Flipper, iCallout, Maps, Masonic Gallery, PageHeader and RevSlider.

* Clone sections

* Offset and force to new row via section controls

* Ability to create your own sections on sections you have merged together with the Canvas section

and there is a lot more.

Dewdrop

Hiii

Thanks very much, I've done it all, (used the paid for DMS) except for uploading the json file to my website. How do I do that part? Do I upload it as a plugin? Wordpress says it expects only .zip files as plugins.

thanks, that's my final hurdle

Danny

You upload that file using the import/export options in the DMS toolbar.

Dewdrop

The Import expects me to choose a type of Importer. I picked Wordpress but that importer expects a .xml file. I'd hate to have to lose all the  templates I created because I don't know what to do next. Do you know what type of importer I should pick, please? I'm so frustrated I'm thinking of abandoning Pagelines.

I've found the whole process unintuitive to be honest and not easy. Using Pagelines itself is the easy part, the rest was messy. I've already given my feedback to Pagelines.

thanks for your help

Danny

What you're using is the WordPress import/export, this only exports your WordPress content such as pages and posts, it has nothing to do with the theme you're using. This is why DMS includes it's very own import/export options, you can find these settings in the DMS Toolbar > Site Settings, which I mentioned above.

You use the export option first and then go to your live site and then import that file. We have information on this in our documentation here - http://docs.pagelines.com/configure/global-options

The documentation isn't concise as the options already are either self explanatory or have inline documentation.