Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Multiple Templates Overwriting Each Other

5 posts in this topic

I have 3 different forms on 3 different pages. Each form is a JavaScript embed, which I've placed in a Media Box. I save each page as a different Page Template using the following names:

However, each time I 'Update Template With Current Configuration' the system overwrites all 3 templates... but only those templates. All other templates remain the same. 

Also, I should add that I can see that each of the 3 pages is maintaining it's association with its own template, as evidenced by the yellow template unlock element.

Has anyone else seen this?

Is this a result of the way I've named the templates? 

I've found a work around. Disregard.

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved. Can you inform us your work around please.

Danny I inserted the form scripts in each page's WP content loop, rather than in a MeidaBox. Probably should've done that from the beginning.

Yeah, you have to be really careful how you add some scripts especially JavaScript, as it can cause a conflict with the DMS visual editor. If you want to include JavaScript then  you should either use the WordPress page or post content editor and/or use the NextBox section.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Page Title Section
      By King Creative Design+
      WordPress 4.2.2
      DMS2 Version:
      Skeleton theme

Site URL -

1.) I'm working with the Page Title Section and it looks like it might do what I want it to do, but if so I can't figure out which settings to use.

2.) I have the Page Title section set up on the 'default page template', which i'm using for most pages on this site, as they all have the same layout.

3.) I need every page to have a different title (obviously, hence why I'm using the section) but I want them to be different from what the page title is in the actual WP page doc. I see that there is there is an override in the DMS editor for this section, however when I change it, it changes all pages globally. Is there a way to do this so every page can have it's own separate overridable title?
      4.) Currently it appears how I want it to because I have done a workaround by naming the WP pages (from within the WP dash) what I need them to say. The beauty of this workaround was that the client would not have to open the DMS editor to make changes to these titles and could edit them right from the WP dash, however I have discovered that it will mess with the site search function as well as not being ideas for SEO.
      5.) I'm open to using a different section to achieve this effect so If you have another solve or a different section that might work better, please let me know.
      Thanks in advance!

• Page Templates
      By jagipson+
      I have 2 pages that require a custom page template. Is it  possible to use custom php templates in DMS? I created the files added them to the DMS directory (Like I would with a standard theme) But I am not able to select it from the edit page screen.
      I know DMS uses a diffrent template system but I was hoping someone knows a work around because I really want to use DMS on this site (Almost finished hate to restart now). Maybe I could turn it into a section? or a hook? (That goes over my head but willing to learn)
      Thanks For the help
      site url:
    • Custom Post Types, Custom Meta Boxes, Single Templates, Custom Post Loop
      By lexlex88
      Before DMS—in themes—I would normally create (single-POSTTYPE.php) files and WP would know to pull that template to display the information for that post type.
      I've read through every thread on the forum about custom post types and I understand there are several ways to approach displaying the information of custom meta boxes. (via plugins, short-codes, or editing functions.php of a child theme)
      I've downloaded the customize-plugin, and I figured out to edit the functions.php in there to add hooks.
      If I understand correctly, hooks allow you to swap out information (filters), or add new information (actions).
      For instance, using (filter) hooks I can replace (post_author) with (custom_meta_field_A). Or using (action) hooks I can add (custom_meta_field_B) after (post_title).
      What I don't understand is how you can use hooks to build templates for certain post types. I don't want my hooks to apply to all single posts, only for certain post types. I am basically asking how do I create the DMS equivalent of (single-POSTTYPE.php) files.
      How can I create a page that shows a custom loop of certain post types? using hooks? 
    • Page Templates and Content Area - Arranging Content in Template
      By wavel3ngth_pl_login
      We are new to PageLines and building our first site. We several content areas custom arranged on the home page. We are wondering if we are building this in the correct way/approach.
      Site link:
      We are using Template 2 for the home page. In the Page Template area we have 2 active sections: Universal Sidebar (contains the LayerSlider) and Content
      In the Content Area we have 1 active section: PostLoop from left column content
      In the SB1 Area we have 1 active section: Primary Sidebar (News Feed)
      In the SB2 Area we have 1 active section: Secondary Sidebar (Custom content)
      In the Morefoot Area: Full Width Sidebar (Customized even feed from Event Espresso)
      In the Footer Area: Footer Columns Sidebar (4 columns of content)
      Did we do this right? IS there a better way to get ALL the content in the Content Area?
      When we preview the page we see ALL content here:
      But when we set this page as the default home page: Settings> Reading>  Front Page: Home, most of the content disappears as seen here in JPG-No-2.jpg.
      What do we need to change. Please help!!!
    • Breadcrumb Navxt - why not in "Page templates" ?
      By micheldv
      Note : sorry for my English, I am french speaker (Belgium).
      I would like to know why "Breadcrumb Navxt" section is not available in the "page templates" part ?
      We can have a "Breadcrumb Navxt" in the header or in the "content area" but this last one is not appropriate in three cases : 
      (1) if the breadcrumb is too long
      (2) if we have section above the content area (exemple of the feature section above content section in the "page templates").
      (3) the content of the main page will be below of the height of the right-colomn (see in attachment)
      I am really sad because I need a breadcrumb (submenu in my new website - ergonomical reason) but neither the header and content area are appropriate :s
      Do you think you will fix this problem in a shortly upgrade ?