Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eglashcreative

Advice for secondary blog feed

eglashcreative

Hi everyone,

I'd like to pick brains out there for the best way to handle this client request:

A client of mine wants a "second blog" on the site, and to feature it on the home page as a preview (like a flipper or other preview section) and have it lead to its own page, where you can read the rest of that featured post as well as older posts. We already have a separate blog with its own page, to which I have WP pointing as the default blog page.

I figure the best way to handle this is to create a new category for the "new blog", but I can't figure out a DMS2 section or plugin that will allow me to only feature one category. Any better ideas out there?

Many thanks in advance.  Joe

Joe Eglash

Eglash Creative

Aires
Hi,
You are not alone when it comes to looking for a solution for multiple blogs on one site. I have been looking for a replacement for anyloop which allowed you to do just that.
I ran across a shortcode plugin last night and it looks promising it was called Intense shortcodes I believe ( I have not purchased this yet) but if search for Intense at codecanyon and visit their demo page you can see their blog layouts. I am still debating on purchasing due to the fact it may screw up DMS. And so the search continues :(

Sent from my Lumia 900 using Tapatalk

ndTgvai.jpg

Visit iheartpagelines.com for the latest tutorials on PageLines related products.

greenfly

Filtering plugin on the Store should work for this for you http://www.pagelines.com/shop/sections/filtering/

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

eglashcreative

Thanks for the feedback. I've used a combination of the Custom Post Types UI plugin, Flipper, and Filtering successfully. Custom Post Types UI creates an archive page for the new post type, on which I can add a custom page header, etc., which essentially is like a "second blog". Thanks.

Joe Eglash

Eglash Creative

Danny

It's actually not possible to have a second "Blog" on WordPress i.e. a posts page. The only way to effectively recreate the Post page, is to do as you have done and create a custom post type and use the archive for that post type as a second Post page. Then if you want these to appear on your homepage (Front-page), you will need to use a section such as Flipper or use a plugin like MiniLoops.

I have brought the fact you can not display multiple post loops on the front page to our developers.

Please search our forums, before posting!

eglashcreative

Thank you, Danny. Multiple post loops would be luxurious!

Joe Eglash

Eglash Creative

Danny

No problem Joe!

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio+
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?