Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ketri

When user clicks the mobile menu open on an iPhone, the search form is automatically activated and keyboards pops up

ketri    7
ketri

When user clicks the mobile menu open on an iPhone, the search form is automatically activated and the browsers keyboards pops up making it very confusinh.

This is likely to happen on other mobile devices also. This of course is not a good experience since we have no idea if users is planning on using the search or not. 

Also, is there a way to disbale the search entirely from mobile navigation without a css-hack (display:none; etc)?

Thank you!

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

Yeah this has already been brought to our attention and I have already added it to our tracker. Unfortunately, the mobile menu code isn't used inside a section, it is it's own separate file in the editor folder. The only way to remove the search functionality is to edit the file itself as far as I am aware and this isn't something we recommend nor support.

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

ketri    7
ketri

Hi,

Yeah this has already been brought to our attention and I have already added it to our tracker. Unfortunately, the mobile menu code isn't used inside a section, it is it's own separate file in the editor folder. The only way to remove the search functionality is to edit the file itself as far as I am aware and this isn't something we recommend nor support.

Ok. Thanks for quick reply.
I think it would be really important to add a checkbox "disable mobile menu search" somewhere in DMS settings.

Danny    1,327
Danny

Yeah, I already mentioned that in the issue I added to the tracker.

• Like 1

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• jdubdigi
      By jdubdigi+
      Onepage plugin is not working on an iphone. The page does not scroll properly and sections are partially missing, any ideas what the problem could be?
    • MissT
      By MissT+
      Is there a way to get the mobile menu to close when you click a menu item that is for an anchor link with the same page?
      Currently on mobiles and ipad the black mobile menu still covers a third or the screen after you have clicked a menu item (that is linking to an anchor link) and it has scrolled to the link / section within the current page. You have to physically click within the page / away from the mobile menu to get the menu and it's black background to disappear.
      Many thanks in advance.
    • khat
      By khat+
      I think I may have installed pagelines pro incorrectly, and then used features incorrectly. I installed first platforms framework theme and then the child, thinking I could do setup for child later. I tried to set up a background image, and tried custom css feature in pagelines dashboard. I had mistakes in my css, and just thought that if I deleted the info in the css custom feature in pagelines dashboard that the new information would overwrite the old info. The background image didn't respond at all, probably because I didn't have the child directory renamed. I then tried to use the LSS plugin to create css and added more css, possibly, somewhere -sigh-. I never did change the background image and get it placed properly. I used a workaround and in nested containers I placed a background image which worked well enough, so I moved on to try to create my nav bar/ menu bar. When I go to the Menus panel, there is NO area where I can place a menu on a page. I have read and reread and re- re- reread the instructions for placing a menu. I've used the pagelines editor to place a menu, however only HOME shows up. I've been at this for many hours. I've since uninstalled all of my pagelines items and reinstalled, thinking that it would restore all my changes to default, but no, it is still all there, with all my unresolved issues. I am completely at a loss as to what to do next.
    • ivaemer
      By ivaemer+
      I've got the problem with Onepage plugin ..
      First two sections - Intro and Gallery Module are not showing on iPhone and iPad...help asap please

• bnapoli
      By bnapoli+
      http://731.34b.myftpupload.com/ this website is using the NavPro navigation in Platform 5. It has a lot of menu items, so it breaks to two lines when the window is sized down. What is the media query to make the navigation either a) switch to "mobile mode" at a higher width, or b ) expand the nav into two lines. Thanks