Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

quintinm

masonry grid customising questions

quintinm

Hey everyone, hope your day is going well.

I am hoping someone else has had a similar customisation issue and can assist me. @getMeWebDesign?

I have 2 questions regarding the masonry grid.

I am using it do display client logos and therefore do not need the link or the titles below the image.

1. How do i remove the hover effect and link

2. I have tried to hide / collapse the "pl-grid-meta" and the "pl-grid-text" but the space still remains between the first row and the second row where the title and meta info would have been.

I am wanting to space them the same as the space between the images as they are left to right.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Danny

Hi,

Can you provide a link to the site in question please, so I can see what it is you're referring to.

Please search our forums, before posting!

GetMeWebDesign

quintinm. I am not quite certain what you are trying to achieve. Is it a sortable gallery of images which, without links or titles, it sounds like? I am presuming that you do not want the images to lightbox

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

quintinm

Hi GetMeWebDesign

All i really want is a grid of images really.

I am not sure if there is a better way to do it without buying a plugin?

GetMeWebDesign

quintinm So no filtering, just a grid? That is fairly straight forward. Do you have an image/screenshot (with Jing ) of what you want to have a look at? 

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

quintinm

Danny, herewith the link to the grid as requested:

http://hcppumps.co.za/temp/danny

The site is under development and is under maintenance mode so the link above was generated for you to access it.

The grid appears on the home page.

thanks.

Danny

If you want a grid of images with no content or linked, then I would just use MediaBoxes and reduce the width which will create a grid for you.

quintinm

Hi Danny.

Adding new clients would be more of a pain for the client though.

I created a new custom post type and now all they need to do is add the image and it is automatically displayed.

Danny

OK, well you can use the following CSS to remove the link/hover effect.

#masonicuiwo3ov .pl-grid-image-hover {
  opacity: 1;
  background: transparent;
}
#site a.pl-grid-image-info {
display: none;
}

However, the position of the grid elements are position on an element by element basis, so what you need to do to reduce the gap would be to override each elements inline styling, which will be a pain.