Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

michaeldallas

DMS2.1 - Assigning Different Templates to Different Categories

michaeldallas    1
michaeldallas
When evaluating DMS 2 last week for my site, I responded to Andrew Powers' email with the following observation:

"I have a potential "show stopper" question. I see how to assign templates to Pages. How to I assign a template to a Single Post?

I have more than one blog on my site. Each blog set has its own look and feel. I need to be able to assign a template to each post so that it displays correctly (like a Page).  FYI: Headway has a drop down template box in a Post just like in a Page." 

I have been waiting for the new version so I can complete my site.  However, after looking at DMS 2.1 today, I find no field in the WP UI to assign a specific Template to a specific Post. Or even a way to assign a specific Template to a Category of Posts.  

To be clear, here is an example:

Post 1-100 are about Apples and are in the "apples" Category.
Post 101-200 are about Oranges and are in the "orange" Category.

Apple Posts have a specific template that is red.
Orange Posts have a specific template that is orange.

How do I assign the proper Post with the proper Template?

Simon    247
Simon

We added bulk template tools to pages, we didnt add it to posts because even WP does not have templates for posts.

Im not saying its possible at this point, there might not be the hooks available to add he bulk tools to posts as well as pages, I will have a look and report back.

• Similar Content

• Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      My DMS 2 site http://www.heart-stone.com/ will not save any new custom css... I can still edit templates and publish those but any custom css that I enter never saves.
      All WP files, themes, and plugins are up to date. 
      Any thought about what might be causing this?
    • flourishdesignstudio
      By flourishdesignstudio
      Is there a way to edit the custom CSS via FTP? I know I can edit the custom code in the Chrome editor but is there a file path I can use to find and edit the CSS directly from our FTP?
      Thanks in advance for the help!
    • nizami
      By nizami+
      Using navbar section with correctly configured WP menu to display main navigation at https://elenaangel.com. 
      All fine in desktop viewport. Menu displays twice in hamburger mode. How to fix this please?