Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shima

How to search media files

Shima+    0
Shima

How can I search old media files?

I'm trying to find an image to use in an iBox Section, but the Library button opens a Your Media Library window without any search fields.

greenfly    230
greenfly

Are you not seeing something like this? http://screencast.com/t/tKp6VhhT9k3

Could you screenshot what you are seeing for us please?

• Like 1

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

greenfly    230
greenfly

Martin Davies I'm not seeing like that.

I'm seeing like this: https://www.dropbox.com/s/mqb7s53yjti41tw/media_search.png

Please could you disable all non PageLines plugins and let us know how you see the options? Also try removing custom css and see if this helps? Is your browser zoomed in at all? Also what resolution is your monitor? 

The answer to many issues can be found by searching in the forum before posting as someone else  may very well have had the same problem before you have.  Also, reading the documentation can help you gain a good understanding of how everything works. 

Please do not send me private messages. Occam's razor - The principle states "Keep things simple!"

Shima+    0
Shima

Martin Davies this problem is also happening in another site with DMS2.

You can see the problem here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/970xydm76i3d947/media_search_1.png

I have disabled all plugins in this other site despite DMS Pro, and the problem persists.

My browser is not zoomed, and the resolution is 1360x768.

I also don't have any custom CSS configured in DMS in this other site.

The other site is a test one, I can give you admin access if you like.

GetMeWebDesign+    115
GetMeWebDesign

Hello Martin

This appears to be a zoom issue for me. hadnt realised there was a search option, however, zooming to 125% revealed there was. No extensions for Chrome in action. However, you may remember from a time back that my browser had strange behaviour with the display of the masonic gallery (Chrome)

Perhaps awshimagmailcom could check and see if that is the problem for them. If it is, what is the fix?

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

Danny    1,327
Danny

awshimagmailcom Do you have any Chrome extensions installed, if so can you disable them and see if this resolves your issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Shima+    0
Shima

GetMeWebDesign you are right, zooming to 125% reveals the search box.

Danny the problem persists even with all Chrome extensions disabled. I've tested in 3 different laptops.

greenfly    230
greenfly

GetMeWebDesign you are right, zooming to 125% reveals the search box.

Danny the problem persists even with all Chrome extensions disabled. I've tested in 3 different laptops.

Im going to report this back - can you confirm for us your screen resolution please? 

GetMeWebDesign+    115
GetMeWebDesign

Martin Davies 1600 x 900 

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

greenfly    230
greenfly

Martin Davies 1600 x 900 

thanks @getmewebdesign 

• Similar Content

• John Olsson
      By John Olsson+
      Hello, i'm working on a webshop, and got this code to really boost the search within WP. But when adding this code to functions.php the front end media library search flipped totally, and not working at all, any ideas what's the problem?
      function atom_search_where($where){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $where .= "OR (t.name LIKE '%".get_search_query()."%' AND {$wpdb->posts}.post_status = 'publish')"; return $where; } function atom_search_join($join){ global $wpdb; if (is_search()) $join .= "LEFT JOIN {$wpdb->term_relationships} tr ON {$wpdb->posts}.ID = tr.object_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->term_taxonomy} tt ON tt.term_taxonomy_id=tr.term_taxonomy_id INNER JOIN {$wpdb->terms} t ON t.term_id = tt.term_id"; return $join; } function atom_search_groupby($groupby){ global $wpdb; // we need to group on post ID $groupby_id = "{$wpdb->posts}.ID"; if(!is_search() || strpos($groupby, $groupby_id) !== false) return $groupby; // groupby was empty, use ours if(!strlen(trim($groupby))) return $groupby_id; // wasn't empty, append ours return $groupby.", ".$groupby_id; } add_filter('posts_where','atom_search_where'); add_filter('posts_join', 'atom_search_join'); add_filter('posts_groupby', 'atom_search_groupby');  
    • Queue-it
      By Queue-it+
      HI,
      Search function doesn't seem to work. 
      When ever searching for something it redirect to the home page and add the search string to the url.
      For example searching for "cases" it would display https://queue-it.com/?s=cases
      Do you know how to solve that? 
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • ppotent
      By ppotent
      It seems that whenever media is set to be on the left, there is a problem with the way safari displays them. I used to have boxes with media on left when i was using DMS2, but since PL5, I've had to use only media on top. I know there are a few css suggestions that people have offered, but I'm wondering if such suggestions can't be built into the boxes code for PL5 rather than having to add extra CSS. Otherwise, am really liking PL5 over DMS2.

• MissT
      By MissT+
      Would be great to have the ability to include a search option within menus and within Splashup - is this possible?