Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

DMS 2 Translation - WPML/Polylang

4 posts in this topic

Hi I can't seem ti find this out anywhere else. My client wants to have a French translation of their site. I'm trying to find the best option for use with DMS2. At the moment it looks like my best options are either WPML or Polylang...

Is WPML compatible with DMS2?

I've played around with Polylang on a test install, which seems to work well. I like it that it creates a whole new page so I can set a different template with different language Text sections for instance.

I can't test WPML however so has anyone got any experience with it? Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of working with either on DMS 2?

Hi Jamie,

I haven't used WPML before, but I am aware that some of our users have. There isn't supposed to be any major issues and should work just like Polylang. However, some users have reported that they have issues with things like iBoxes, but we were never able to recreate it.

OK, thanks for the info Danny, much appreciated.

No problem.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Similar Content

• Translation of Search Results More Button
      By achim
      There is no language key 'Read More <i class="icon icon-angle-right"></i>‘, so this wouldn’t translate:
      - __('Read More <i class="icon icon-angle-right"></i>', 'pagelines') + __('Read More', 'pagelines').' <i class="icon icon-angle-right"></i>'
    • Recommendation needed - Multilinguale
      By vogelwild
      Hi all  
      I'd love to get a recommendation regarding DMS 2 and a multilingual language website that I'm going to build.
      How would you setup such a WordPress website with Pagelines DMS? What are your experiences with plugins and DMS 2?  Last time it was a bit complicated. I used WPML, but of course had problems with translating e.g. content which was stored in DMS sections. So I tried to work with widgets which was great for WPML but "not so" for the look and feel  Any hints or tricks?
      Thank you!!
    • Translating Features with WPML
      By avstrati
      We've recently added the top rated Word Press translation tool WPML to our Website in order to translate our site into a second language. Everything worked like a charm, except one thing: the PlatformPro features. 
      Our home page was designed in English with the features slider and some text, using what is now the Select Feature-Set for Posts & 404 Pages option so that we could custom create our features. The features are tagged as default-features so that they may be selected to appear in the scroll. The thing is, we cannot translate them. 
      Can someone please help me figure out a work around please?
      Many thanks
    • How to load translations ( language/ -file) from child-theme, not the parent DMS?
      By ketri+
      I'd like to translate my DMS-theme. 
      When I use PoEdit and take the finnish translation from DMS Transifex -project and add it to the language-folder of my child-theme, the translations won't work. Only when I delete the language-folder from the DMS-parent theme the translations from my child-theme start working. 
      I don't want to edit the DMS-theme of course in any way since updates will destroy any edits.
      So I'd need a function to my functions.php that would make WordPress use the translation file in my child-theme.
    • Translation problem with "Response"
      Website URL:
      Framework Version: 2.1.7
      WordPress Version: 4.0
      Plugins in Use: Askimet, custom sidebars, DMS Professional Tools,iThemes Security,NextGEN Plus by Photocrati,NS Cloner - Site Copier,PageLines Updater,User Role Editor,WordPress SEO,WP-Members
      There are a view things which seems not to be translated in Dutch:
      One Response or x Response to are still in Englisch where other phrase are translated right.
      In the po file I found this but apperently it doesn't work
      # @ pagelines #: comments.php:44 #, php-format msgid "One Response to %2$s" msgid_plural "%1$s Responses to %2$s" msgstr[0] "Een reactie op %2$s" msgstr[1] "%1$s reacties op %2$s"   Any suggestions?   Regards Dirk