Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamieg270

Translation - WPML/Polylang

jamieg270+    13
jamieg270

Hi I can't seem ti find this out anywhere else. My client wants to have a French translation of their site. I'm trying to find the best option for use with DMS2. At the moment it looks like my best options are either WPML or Polylang...

Is WPML compatible with DMS2?

I've played around with Polylang on a test install, which seems to work well. I like it that it creates a whole new page so I can set a different template with different language Text sections for instance.

I can't test WPML however so has anyone got any experience with it? Are there any pitfalls I should be aware of working with either on DMS 2?

Thanks,

Jamie

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi Jamie,

I haven't used WPML before, but I am aware that some of our users have. There isn't supposed to be any major issues and should work just like Polylang. However, some users have reported that they have issues with things like iBoxes, but we were never able to recreate it.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jamieg270+    13
jamieg270

OK, thanks for the info Danny, much appreciated.

Danny    1,327
Danny

No problem.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• DonRicardoRVM
      By DonRicardoRVM+
      ¿Where can  I translate the english items "Orders", "Adress", "Payment Methods". "Edit Account" and "Sing Out"of the my account page of the plugin Quickshop? In the po file they are not.
      I think that it have relation with this error: "Your theme version of my-account.php template', '2.6', 'the latest version, which supports multiple account pages and navigation, from WC 2.6.0".

I use the Frame Work Pagelines´s Child theme for platform 5.

• fabienfons
      By fabienfons+
      Hi,

I'd like to translate my website in french. (platform 5)
      How can i do ?
      Thanks
      Fabien
    • Lisa Haran
      By Lisa Haran+
      Hi 
      I have a map here http://www.iloveoffset.com/maps/
      I want to add several pointer locations to the map, but when I do they do not appear.
      On this map there are 2 pointer locations and as you can there is only one visible.
      Earlier today I added 7 and could only see 4 so there is something odd going on.
      My theme is up to date
    • Audun MB
      By Audun MB+
      Are there any instructions for this? Seems like the plugin use standard .mo/.po for translation, but how do I prevent my language file from being overwritten with updates?
      Support for different number and currency formats in sections is also missing. For me this is an issue with Boxes. I can't use the counter with the current format (thousands separator), it looks really odd in Norwegian (and a lot of other languages). 

• clj182
      By clj182+
      Hello,
      I've been having trouble unlocking the template section for past couple of weeks. When I try clicking nothing happens. 
      I've deleted my custom css and removed plugins. Im down to having only the following plugins:
      Akismet
      Contact Form 7
      DMS Professional Tools
      Pagelines Updater
      WooCommerce
      It was working fine before i have no idea what's going on with it.