Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ffornaro

TextBox background customization

ffornaro

Hi all,

I'd like to customize a TextBox with a dark background and a white text, which should be easy, but...

I tried in two ways: first, adding "background-color:#000000;" inside the TextBox Inline CSS Styling, but background was still white... so, I created a CSS class in DMS Less Fallback:

.my-black-area {
    background-color: #000000;
    font-color: white;
    font-size: 10px;
  }

then added "my-black-area" in TextBox Properties under Custom Styling Classes.
But the background is still white... 

Please note that I tried also creating .my-black-area class inside style.css of my child theme... same behaviour... :(

Could you please help me with this? Thank you so much.

GetMeWebDesign

Are you adding inline or custom styling classes with "quote marks"? They are not needed. I cant not replicate your problem. Using both inline and a custom styling class worked as expected:

AS a styling class

my-black-area

As inline styling

background-color: #000000; color: white; font-size: 10px;

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

ffornaro

Hi,

I don't use quote marks ad inline styling, but I found an issue in my custom style.css file and now the TextBox background works fine.

Thank you.

GetMeWebDesign

No problem

Chrome Developer tools - please use them. If you are not sure how, then it is easy to learn

Be inventive in your keyword search of the forum ie Navi > Navbar > menu > tabs > font > color. Your answer lies there somewhere!

Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!