Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MissT

Browser Specific CSS Plugin & IE11

MissT+    4
MissT

Hi there,

I've noticed there is an issue with a site I created awhile ago - the browser specific css I added for IE isn't being picked up for IE11 - it is for the older versions (not checked IE10) though yet - but not for IE11.

Did a bit of investigating and strangely there is no class for ie or ie11 appearing??  It actually shows .firefox instead.

I don't have any cache plugins on this site by the way.

Versions:

PL Framework 2.3.7

WP 3.4.2

Browser Specific CSS plugin 1.3 - is there a newer version of this available perhaps?

I can give the URL via private message if need.

Many thanks in advance!

Danny    1,327
Danny

Hi,

I will speak to our developers as I don't have access to IE.

Please search our forums, before posting!

MissT+    4
MissT

Thanks Danny.

MissT+    4
MissT

Ah right, thanks Simon - is there no solution to this then?

Simon    247
Simon

If you update to the latest wordpress, it will detect ie11. Any reason for staying on 3.4?

MissT+    4
MissT

Thanks Simon - there are some plugins that may not work on latest version - I'll check though. Won't bore you with the details but I've kind of inherited the site.

Many thanks! :)

Danny    1,327
Danny

Thanks for informing us the issue has been resolved.

Please search our forums, before posting!

• Similar Content

• MissT
      By MissT+
      On more than one website I'm building there is a massive blank space after the content and pagination within the loops section when viewed on Internet Explorer 11. It looks like the loops-wrap section is about twice the depth it needs to be. Screenshot attached.
      Can provide url via private message.
      WP version 4.4.2
      Platform5 Version 5.0.132
      Loops version 5.0.18
      Many thanks.

• ketri
      By ketri
      Here is my site: http://malmgardsjundea.fi

With Windows 7 and IE11, the links in the mobile menu are not clickable. They cannot be hovered, and if I try to click them it just toggles the menu off.

I also tried a fresh installation of DMS without using a child-theme, and I still get the same issue of not being able to click them.
      It seems that on Windows Phone 8 the links work, although they are sometimes extremely hard to hit, again closing the menu. But this is probably just WP8 sucking....

How should I proceed?

Thank you!
    • robertlopez
      By robertlopez
      I have finalized a pageline site but ONLY on ie11 i see white bars top and bottom, i have tried to adjust but then all other browers get affected... any ideas...

www.lemosaiste.com - see in internet explorer 11

thanks
    • lexlex88
      By lexlex88
      I'm using w3 total cache and the browser specific css tools. However, I've discovered which ever browser opens a page first sets that browser body tag in the cache for that page.

Example:

I open pageA in firefox after reseting the cache.  Then I open pageA in safari hoping the browser specific css I set for safari will apply, but it does not because the body tag is cached as firefox.

Thanks for any help.
    • mrhinsh
      By mrhinsh
      Guys,

This is a mediabox (followed branding guide) and you can see that on IE it does not dynamically shrink as the window does. I have confirmed this behaviour on WP8 as well as IE11.

Does anyone have any ideas?

-MrHInsh